I think I'm becoming a YouTube addict

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by FancyFeet, Mar 31, 2013.

1. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Help, I think I'm becoming a YouTube addict!

I'm currently partner-less, meaning I'm dancing less than I would like... and to fill the gap, I've apparently selected to use YouTube. Hooray that there are endless dancesport competitions to watch online, but I'm becoming worried that this will also mean I'm never going to stop because the videos never do!

Right now, I could be out enjoying the fact that spring has FINALLY arrived here (seriously, I saw a patch of grass yesterday!) or doing my taxes, but instead I'm online, watching videos.

Will you be my support group?
  2. Steven123

Steven123 Member

Same here. Usually if I am watching dancing videos, it is just social dancing videos though. Just me. In addition to the dancing videos, I am also watching a lot of videos of animals doing cool things. Youtube is the best. There are also a lot of instructional videos on youtube for other aspects of life too . . . like math and political stuff and other stuff like that too. But sometimes I feel like I need to do something else with my life besides watch youtube 24.5 hours a day. Do you have a similar feeling?
  3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL...hang in there you two. It is tempting to view life through a YouTube lens, but I agree - ya' need to go out and there and do it yourself!! :)
  4. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I watch way too many dance clips/videos on YouTube as well! I start by just looking for one thing....next thing I know, I've watched an hour or two of dance congress presentations, competitions, supershag clips, etc, etc. :)
    Mr 4 styles and FancyFeet like this.
  5. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

A number of local studios have wifi now. So if yours does, too, take your laptop and watch YouTube there.
  6. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Its ok. I was watching YouTube videos before I started competing and then I got a partner and kept doing it. It never stops, because the vids never do. And then you drag your partner into it and he watches them and is like, we need to do this in our routines. And seriously, a lot of our routines are YouTube created-ish. Well all the choreo is from an expert choreographer and we play around with stuff from YouTube that we really like and want to try.
  7. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

My partner and I have two videos that we constantly go back to when we're in need of a boost of inspiration. I also obsessively try to upload all my dance videos so that there's a record online and a library to refer to (and a way to see my progress). And can spend hours on Youtube. I'm right there with you.
    5678dance and smidra86 like this.
  8. billman

billman Active Member

We also check out youtube. Some great ideas for showcase routines. Plus our proposal video on on there! lol :D
  9. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

I steal err borrow liberally from you tube vids for showdances!!

you tube rules watch foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  10. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Well, it's at least clear that I'm not alone in my addiction :)
    latingal likes this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

not even close!!!!
    debmc likes this.
  12. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

I pay quite heavily for data...so I'm always conscious of Youtube activities...
  13. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

Similar to dlliba, i also have two vids that I always go to for a pick-me-up, as dlliba well knows...... :D
    smidra86 likes this.
  14. 5678dance

5678dance Active Member

oy vey. now you guys set me off. i'm leaving this site for youtube nowGOODBYE
    debmc likes this.
  15. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Ooooh! I think I'm going to go watch one of them now, it's been a few weeks. ;)
    FancyFeet and 5678dance like this.
  16. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

It's my nightly ritual...grab the iPad or laptop, check DanceForums, then start looking at YouTube dance videos....
    smidra86, Mr 4 styles and latingal like this.
  17. Mr 4 styles

rookie !! I run those two on a split screen:eek: getting my alerts while watching pros dance..

HELLLPPP MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    smidra86 and debmc like this.
  18. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Okay, you need YA meetings.
  19. Mr 4 styles

" hi im mr 4 styles and im a....wait.... they just put up the Heritage pro smooth final BBL...":D
  20. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

It's quickly becoming mine too!

(As an aside, I now completely understand why they've blocked YT at work. I'd never get anything done, because once I start, I'm likely to be watching for HOURS.)