If you ignore a friend request on FB, does the person get email notice?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Standarddancer, Nov 6, 2008.

1. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

alright, per quest of kat and some nice photos of me taken by friends posted only on FB, now I have an account.

I"ve been avoiding this for a long time since I know a few annyong ppl at work on FB and keep sending junk invitations / mails on a daily basis, I've received multiple junk emails from those ppl so frequently already, don't need another place for them to find me.

Now, a few of them send out friend request so I clicked "ignore", will they get a email notification?

I try to only mark dance friends there. Is there anyway I can avoid ppl receive an "rejection notification"?

2. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, they are not informed if you click "ignore". You can also block them so they cannot see any of your FB activity.

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

They definitely don't receive an email. I sent request to a friend, but she was annoyed with me about something at time, so ignored request. I just figured she hadn't logged in for a while until a mutual friend told me that she had ignored it, and why. :)

4. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

interesting question. I really don't know. I put ignore on those request for ads.

can you pm me your FB account (I think that I don't have you on FB).

5. Standarddancer

that's good. However I think you can't see anyone's activities except your friends anyway? no? If I never make friends with those people, they can't see any of my FB activities. Is "ignore" necessary?

6. Standarddancer

sent you pm:)

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Indirectly they can see your actions. If they are FB friends with someone you are also FB friends with, and you for instance post on your friend's wall or comment on their photo, that action will show up in the non-friend's news feed. By blocking them, they see absolutely nothing that you do.

8. Standarddancer

ok i see, very useful info. I know who those people related to, then I make sure I don't post on that person's wall.

Also would like to ask, is there anyway to show your group in your info section? I joined dancesport group and the famous "i've been kissed, hugged and molested by Dru" group, but groups doesn't show, how to fix that? I checked "edit info" section but don't see anything you can add groups.

9. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I still can't figure out the "new" Facebook. I want the old one back!

10. Standarddancer

oh didn't know there was old one vs. new one...lol..I'm so new to FB don't even know it.

now I have a different problem: I uploaded original high resolution photos to my FB, then realized it slowed down my computer and profile page:( realized FB don't really save high resolution photos:( most of the photos compressed to lower resolutions anyway but photos showed up big (but not really high resolution) and takes up space.

Do you usually compress your photos before you upload to FB? FB doesn't restore original digital files anyway? right? if that's the case, probably I should compress photos before upload. I'm not a fan of low resolution photos but if that's the way to prevent slowing down my computer, I'll do it.

11. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I just found my "groups"..... they're on the "info" tab. Doesn't look like they can be moved to the main page, but I could be wrong.

12. Standarddancer

I noticed a few of my friends' groups displayed in their "info" page, but I joined a few dance groups (including DF group) but none showed up in mine:(