Insomniacs-R-Us-2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Dec 24, 2007.

1. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

4:30AM dog walk - temps are predicted to be in the 90s again today with high humidity B4 the storms roll in.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Any IRU peeps around?

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Absolutely. It's only 11:26 here, though, so my post doesn't count as an official IRU entry. *shrug*

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Sure it does... as long as it is in response to someone for whom it is past 12:00am! :D

Actually, my post is a full-blown IRU post in its own right as I happen to be on the east coast at the moment myself. ;)

5. Sagitta

Late, but heading to bed soon, so keeping my resolution of getting to bed early while still keeping my place in the IRU club. ;-)

6. pygmalion

The IRU CLub is definitely the place for cool folks, such as yourself, Sag! :-D Have a good night.

7. SDsalsaguy

Good night DF!

8. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

3:00 am and can't sleep. The amount of logistical arrangements necessary for five weeks of international travel is astounding. And yes, I have 'people' to do most of the arranging for me, but I still wake up in the middle of the night, thinking about one more thing to add to my lists of things to do, to pack, to arrange.

9. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

omg I didn't sleep last night because I couldn't stop obsessing about things. my eyes hurt. i do enjoy the tv I get to watch because Im up before noon.. normally I sleep from like 4-2 and miss Today, The View, The Doctors and Dr Oz

10. Sagitta

Huh? You normally sleep from 4am to 2pm, so, now you are enjoying what you usually miss? Did I get what you were saying right?

11. wonderwoman

If I'm awake at 8am I get out of bed. So I get to watch daytime television and not much else because I'm a zombie. I'm staying up so I don't get my days and night completely reversed, I'll try to go to bed at 10 or midnight.

12. wonderwoman

I'm still can't-do-anything tired but I'll get a bunch of energy in a few hours and then have a hard time falling asleep tonight despite being sleep-deprived.

13. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

2:43 am ... unable to sleep ... unable to do anything productive ... my alarm will go off in 3 hours ....

14. pygmalion

I hate that cycle. When I get stuck in that rut, I usually end up resorting to forcing myself to stay up and active even when I "can't." That usually sets my world to rights again. If not, as an absolute last resort, I may take a sleeping pill. Usually try to avoid that, though. I hate pills. And I love red wine, which does not go with meds.

15. pygmalion

If you're like me, you'll fall into a deep, delicious sleep, in about 2.5 hours, right on time to have difficulty waking up. Ugh! :headwall:

16. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Hello thread...I am back again.

17. pygmalion

Me too. 3:47 AM. Off to TRY to get a few Zzzzz before Monday starts ... again. *sigh*

18. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

ok, this is silly. I am soooo tired; why won't my mind SHUT UP?!?

19. SDsalsaguy

20. pygmalion

I feel like a pretender, since I went to sleep at around 10:00 last night and slept until 5:00. But I still commiserate, since 7-hour nights of sleep are a rare thing, around here. The nights I hate worst are the ones where Worrisome Things are on continuous loop in my head. *sigh*

I hope you both get at least some sleep. Hang in. :)