Insomniacs-R-Us-2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Dec 24, 2007.

1. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

^Im having one of those right now! Can't sleep all day tomorrow so I gotta get my mind to be quiet... Going to put on Dirty Dancing.. usually listening to it, because its so familiar, I'll be asleep before I can say "I carried a watermellon"

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Hope the Dirty Dancing sleepy-time "pill" worked ww.

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Not sure how watermelon fits into the picture. I suppose I'll attribute it to sleep deprivation. :lol: I do hope you got some sleep, ww. :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2014
  4. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Didn't you ever see Dirty Dancing? hahaha Its my favorite line.

Johnny- "What's she doing here?"
    Neil- "She came with me.. she's with me."
    Baby- "I carried a watermelon.

.... I carried a watermelon?!?"

5. pygmalion

*gasp* You ask me if I've seen Dirty Dancing? Uh. Yeah. A few ... thousand ... times. And you're right. Baby did carry a watermelon. Oops.

6. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Big meeting tomorrow morning with the 4-star, so here's to hoping I won't need this thread tonight!

7. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

Good luck NURDRMS.

I can't stop coughing. I thought I was over this darned cold. And I'm not coughing anything up. It's just keeping me up. Grrr.

8. SDsalsaguy

Sorry to hear it subliminal - hope you feel better soon!

9. NURDRMS

Woke at 3:30 again this morning, but still managed to have a very productive meeting with my new boss the 4-star. yay. I look like death warmed over, though, after so many nights of so little sleep. better get some sleep before I fly to my parents' house on Friday or my Mom will have a heart attack.

10. pygmalion

Bare Minerals to the rescue. Going to visit Mom while looking sleep deprived is a bad idea, all around, IME. My Mom feeds me first (please don't mention that food and sleep deprivation are unrelated. Logic and mothering don't always go together.** :wink: ) Then she spends weeks or even months giving me advice about how I should take it easier and get more sleep. Where? At The Sleep Store? :lol:

Moms. I love mine. So. Much.

** I know this because I am a Mom and just made my kid who has a cold eat lots of stuff he didn't want. He may not feel better, but I do.

11. NURDRMS

yep, Mom will hug me, declare that I am "too skinny!" (ha! not hardly) and then get right to the, "you're under too much stress!" Ya think??? Just because there's an uncontrolled Russian-launched failed Mars probe that's getting ready to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere and is carrying 8 TONS of hydrazine??? Sigh. And then Dad will ask if he can keep the probe if it lands in his back yard because (like me) he's an engineer and thinks it would be cool (and it would be, except for the hydrazine.) My parents are a hoot and I'm really looking forward to seeing them. I just wish I could sleep first!

12. SDsalsaguy

Hoping tonight will break the cycle of not getting to sleep before 2:30-6:30am. :?

13. SDsalsaguy

Anyone else miss the original Iron Chef? (Just something running through my head at 2:41am as I sit here working on a manuscript with re-runs of ICA in the background.)

14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well...isn't this like old times ? ;)

15. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

good heavens! you? up this early? I"m shocked, Shocked!

16. SDsalsaguy

Well, in that case, . . . :raisebro:

17. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

It's almost 3 am and I'm still hand stitching this dress together. So tired but I want to get this bit done before I call it quits for the night.

18. SDsalsaguy

Done yet mindputtee?

2:25am here, and I need to finish a draft of this manuscript chapter before I call it a night... hopefully by 5 or 6am. :?

19. NURDRMS

have today off so stayed up late last night...and still awake before 0500. Jeez.

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

it was actually that LATE...I was in pacific time zone at that juncture :)....and SD, :cool:;) plus kissy face emoticon