Insomniacs-R-Us-2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Dec 24, 2007.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Still awake... long story... sigh.
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

That is is late. I have slowly been working on getting to bed earlier. I am pretty good about making sure I am already in bed with lights off before 2am. Now am working on the 1am spot.
  3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Still working on getting to bed earlier. I am definitely going to make the 1:00am mark tonight, but need to get to before midnight before Monday so I can wake up at 6:15am.
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

For some reason, I'm waking up every hour on the hour tonight. I just can't win for losing it seems. I got "caught up" by taking the day off to rest/sleep, and now I'm behind again because I've been wakeful all night. Phooey!
  5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Cursing myself for being such a terrible procrastinator.
  6. pygmalion

Being awake because you noodled around and now have to pull an all-nighter does not count as insomnia, darling dear. Get yourself over to one of the many procrastinators' threads... after you get whatever it is done. ;)
  7. mindputtee

However, I'm doing it at night because my sleep schedule has become so messed up I can't do work at normal hours.
  8. pygmalion

Okay. Then I guess I'll let you off the hook ... this time. ;)
  9. Aura

Aura Active Member

I'm glad no one has been sleepless since December. Unfortunately, I might as well break that trend. It's 5:03 am here, been up since 2:45. Tried resting, nope.
  10. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that... I was up until 1 AM last night. Not doing that tonight.
  11. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

So, among the other horrendous side-effects of Prednisone, it can cause sleeplessness. Not that I didn't already have trouble sleeping...
  12. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

okay, so blood work shows I may have thyroid issues which perhaps is why I have such trouble sleeping. Cross your fingers that we get this figured out!
  13. Aura

Aura Active Member

Ugh, not again... At least I didn't get up at 2 a.m. like last time, more like 4 a.m. Stupid anxiety always waking me up. I really need to get some medicinal tests done to see if I'm hypogylcemic, since I've been exhbiting symptoms for a long while now. Plus, I don't want Mom to get any more worried about me than she has to be.
  14. mindputtee

Tried to go to bed earlier than usual (12:30) and it took me 40 minutes to fall asleep, and then my body woke me up at 4:15 and still haven't been able to fall back asleep. Have to be up in two hours. :(
  15. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Yurgh. Have you ever tried Midnite tablets? I'm not entirely convinced that their effect isn't psychosomatic, but they seem to help when my body is taking forever to fall asleep, and they don't have the horrible effects that diphenhydramine does on my body.
  16. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

This is the second time in less than a week that I've pretty much collapsed in exhaustion around six, woken up a few hours later only to lay awake in bed far later into the night than I would like. Not cool, body. Not cool.
  17. mindputtee

No, I haven't. Staying asleep isn't usually much of a problem, and can probably be directly related to consumption of caffeine and/or alcohol, it's just sometimes frustrating. Also, keeping my phone too close to my head.
  18. Aura

Aura Active Member

It's almost four here. Went to bed at 10:30 pm, regular time, haven't been able to fall asleep at all. Now I'm up trying to procrastinate the wee hours away. At least it wasn't my anxiety again. I guess I had too much on the mind before trying to go to bed. Never a good idea.
  19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hope you get a better sleep tonight
  20. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Wide awake at 2am again, now closing in on 3:30. I really wish I could turn my worried mind off. Nothing it comes up with in these hours is productive anyway...