Insomniacs-R-Us-2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Dec 24, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

did this last night...hate

2. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

I suppose waking at 3am is an improvement over my usual 1:30 or 2. Sigh.

3. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Couldn't sleep at all last night. So I took one benedryl to get to sleep. Sooo groggy now. :/

4. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Heard all sorts of noises last night, resulting in little sleep. Wonder if the frigid temps outside (-4F) resulted in more household pops and creaks than usual? Could have sworn at one point that someone was knocking on the front door. Strange.

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

While I don't work as late into the night on a regular basis as I used to, there are still some nights where it happens... tonight should be one of those (i.e. I have a *major* deadline on Monday), but I'm really, really tired already.... :(

6. fascination

out of practice :)

those were the days

7. SDsalsaguy

Indeed! ;)

8. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Benadryl provides the worst hangover of anything I've ever ingested. But it's the only thing I'm comfortable using to get to sleep with, which is why I've just taken one. Changed choreo music again, but I'm feeling better about it this time.

9. Sania

Sania Active Member

Melatonin works well for me plus no hangover

10. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. It's worse than an alcohol induced hangover. I try to avoid it at all costs.

11. NURDRMS

Boss has given me the task of reviewing our contracts and finding a way to save $45 million. Needless to say, sleep will be hard to come by until I figure this out.

12. SDsalsaguy

Good luck!

13. NURDRMS

Thank you. Life is never boring, that's for sure.

14. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Can't sleep... Brain won't quit talking at me.

15. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that no one has had any insomnia for 3 months lol. Perhaps you all are dealing with it better than me is all. I'm on my 4th night in a row of very little sleep. Night one = brain won't slow down, night two= drama with some friends bothering me, night three= earthquake shook me awake and startled me, hard to go back to sleep after that, night four= 2 emails from boss needing answers as to why the ball was dropped. Maybe tonight, night 5, will bring some much needed restful and recuperative sleep. Fingers crossed.

16. fascination

my goodness...I hope that gets better...for me, when I have trouble sleeping, I have routine that I go through that almost always does the trick within half an hour....I am not advocating it for others, but it works for me....I use bengay because it relaxes my muscles and I find menthol soothing...sometimes I will put on the vaporizer or the space heater because it creates the kind of noise that lulls me to sleep...I also go through each muscle group from my toes to my face, lfexing an extending, tightening and loosening and rotating when neccessary....I also usually have a glass of wine and/or a low dose aspirin and I parctice slowing down my breathing to a particular count....this nearly always works...if it doesn't, I get up and df, fb for half an hour and try again

17. Hedwaite

I just bought bright pink sparkly shoes literally intended for children dancers. Go figure- feet of a child, ass of an elephant. Liberace's elephant.

SwayWithMe, nikkitta and dancelvr like this.
  18. Hedwaite

The breathing exercises are something I've only recently started doing, and I agree, they work somewhat. There's an app on Amazon called Pranayama. It was free the other day, not sure if it's a featured app or a regularly-free thing, but it came in handy. Has a pie graph and stuff.

19. Hedwaite

Ocean's Thirteen. Still not sleepy. Browsing cellphones in the hopes that I can find a reasonably-priced one with a good camera. I love my phone, but I also didn't take as many videos while coaching or being coached as I am currently when I first bought it, so it wasn't a problem. Browsing google apps in another window. How'd I get hooked on one of those ridiculous bubble-popping games? I need another game that has nothing to do with candy or birds to balance things out.

20. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Sigh. Overtired always means I won't sleep, which is just unfair.

My best friend remarked at around 5:30pm that I looked like I'd worked hard and could use an early night. It sounded good to me! DH is out of town, I had the kids in bed an hour early, but my brain is going a mile a minute, my muscles ache, and I've only managed about two hours of very fragmented sleep by 3:30am. Whine.