Insomniacs-R-Us-2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Dec 24, 2007.

1. MissBallroomBear

MissBallroomBear Active Member

Heya Meow! :D It's good to hear from you. I trust you're safe and well.
    We've missed you on DF but I suppose we'll have to forgive you. ;)

2. meow

meow New Member

Hey MBB. Yes, I'm fine. How are you? School goes back next week - are you looking forward to it?
    Still busy with a very exeburant puppy. And thanks for the forgiveness.;)

3. MissBallroomBear

I'm not too bad. Just melting away.

Not exactly. But I suppose it will help pass the time between dancing. :)

Naww. They can be just as bad as a baby. At least baby's don't chew stuff up! Give it a pat for me, though I'm sure that it's had a countless number.

4. MissBallroomBear

Well, am checking out now. It's only 11 pm but am trying to get back into a better habit before school starts back. Have a nice day my American DFers!

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

4 30 am here. Back after a rollercoaster comp in a hotel overlooking the Niagara falls (posted results on Comp results of DFers thread). At least the nightcap comp went well - really very well we were just a half point off second place (only 5 couples though).

Anyhow, its very late/early and I should get some sleep. nite all iruers and readers...

6. pruthe

pruthe Member

Hi Elisedance,

Went out to eat with wife last night, but think ate too late. Stomach was churning while in bed and heart pumping to support digestion. Keeping me awake, so came down and got on computer. Don't think eating rich chocolate desert helped either. Caffeine. Got to stop eating so late. Duh! Going back to bed now, but will be getting up in an hour.

Bye.

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

2:08am here. Got in a little bit of salsa before finishing prepping for Monday's classes. Off to try getting a few hours sleep now. Night-night all! :kitty:

8. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I use the 'not-past-noon' rule on the coffee, P. If I didn't I would be awake 24/7! And chocolate cake went out the window with dancing.... one day I have a LOT of catching up to do!

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

here I am again,
    happy as can be,
    must get some sleep soon,
    I'm meeting a guest for tea

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Gee, the conversation seems a bit predictable here.... Am I the only one that knows how to not-sleep now?

11. MissBallroomBear

Not at all ED. I'm quite family with the art of insomnia but I have been trying to get back into a better habit for school. For some reason, I don't think falling asleep in class would be the best way to make a good impression on my new teachers.

12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

No but it could make a great impression on your desk :D

13. meow

meow New Member

Hi all. I am getting back, albeit slowly. I cannot believe how much time goes into this puppy. But she is learning 'my' rules, like only chewing her toys and toilet behaviour is an outside activity. She sleeps through the night now and won't get up when I do, which is still the norm for me.

14. MissBallroomBear

True, but my desk doesn't write my report card.:rolleyes:

15. MissBallroomBear

It's good to be getting you back, Meow. I remember when my dog was little my mum called her a 'little black nightmare'.

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Which is why dogs from the pound can be such a good value! Of course, you may get a whole other set of baggage....

17. meow

meow New Member

Over here, dogs from the pound are ALL desexed before being adopted. Thank goodness.

18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

de-sexed - thats a nice term - is that standard in Aust? Here the terms are particular about gender - neutered and spayed, though for the moment I have forgotten which is which!.

19. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Neutered can be used for both. Spayed is used for the removal of ovaries.

20. MissBallroomBear

What a lovely conversation.:rolleyes: