Insomniacs-R-Us!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ok, the charter members of this group are d nice and myself...he's always lurking about when I'm logging in at 2 or even 3 in the morning.

I do, however, need a ruling from the masses on whether I should include Danish Guy as a charter member or not…he’s often checking in at the same time but, given the time zone difference to Denmark, should he qualify as one of “us”?

Anyone else looking for official club membership?
  2. Danish Guy

Danish Guy New Member

Weeeeeeeee :D :D :D

Well this forum is d nice and d interesting,
    So I will hang around, contributing with what I can,
    And learn a thing or 2.
  3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

We're not going to play favorites are we???

I say "Why not," especially when he can manipulate words the way he just did. Tells me that he can write. Now we can find out if he can dance as well as he can write.

My vote is "YES."
  4. d nice

d nice New Member

I'm not so much an insomniac as just a night person. I don't go to bed until after 3am most of the time... and my computer is right next to my bed, makes posting easy.
  5. SDsalsaguy

OK, strictly speaking I'm not an insomniac either. But Night-People-R-Us just doesn't have the same ring to it, now does it? :lol:
  6. SDsalsaguy

I nominate Swing Kitten as our latest member -- it's past 1:30am and sh'es posting! Way to go Swing Kitten! ....and welcome to the club!
  7. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Hhmmmm.... I don't know what to say!

I'm not always up so late... I just got home late tonight.

Soon I'll be on East Coast time and won't even qualify.

I am greatly honored!! I'm just afraid I will not be able to live up to such a responsibility!

:wink:
    Thanks SDsalsaguy
  8. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

One could say almost like a vampire!! heehee

oops, typo.... it's like studdering when telling a joke... doh!
  9. SDsalsaguy

Not to worry – Vince has weighed in suggesting that Danish Guy’s time zone location shouldn’t be held against him, so I can’t see how the same shouldn’t apply to you as well!

Where on the East Coast are you off to anyway?
  10. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I'm going to Connecticut.

for one, I won't be up late while I'm there (at least I "shouldn't") and for two the time zone difference would not work in my favor... i.e. it would have to be after 4:30 in the morning for my posting to register as late as they are right now.

Although I guess I could post in the morning then have it seem really late here... but can I be an insomniac after a restful night's sleep?
  11. SDsalsaguy

What's taking you to Connecticut? And Danish guy is even further in the same direction so, if Vince's logic holds, why shouldn't it apply to you as well?
  12. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Grad School... I have two more years

Okay, I give. I don't need to be agrumentitive. So what does membership to this exlusive club mean anyway? Do I get a T-Shirt? A Secret Decoder Pin? Do I have to pay dues? Send in box tops?
  13. SDsalsaguy

Me too! ...and Grad School alone should probably qualify you for membership!

Hmmm, hadn't gone that far yet...we're just getting our core membership established at the moment. Any ideas? If your inclined to pay dues I guess the least I could do would be to accept :wink: (Same goes for box tops too I guess...but make sure its some brand that John can find in Denmark too, Ok?)
  14. SDsalsaguy

Wow, you've started a membership drive I see...funkyfreak and tzachi are all logged into the forums at the moment too (2:40am PST)! I nominate them for membership as well...want to join the "club"?
  15. tzachi

tzachi New Member

well i think that i want to join the "club"...... :lol:
    but don't forget where i live.... the time in my country is 14:14....
  16. Guest

Guest Guest

Sounds fun! I'll come back to accept the award tonight at 4am... EST. :wink:

-FF
  17. SDsalsaguy

:shock: Award? What award? I only said club membership....

Anyway, that's only 1am PST so I may not be back from the salsa clubs yet...but you can pick up your oficial membership then. :D
  18. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

lol, how about a club called logs-in-every-hour-or-so :lol:
  19. SDsalsaguy

Do I qualify if I stay logged in for hours at a time?
    ...if not then I might have to veto such an enterprise :wink:
  20. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Of course you qualify...you should be the PRESIDENT lol :lol:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.