Insomniacs-R-Us!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SDsalsaguy, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meow

meow New Member

Very true, but in this case, John Howard openly said that he would not stay for the full term and that there would be a leadership transition midterm to the Treasurer, Peter Costello. The election, therefore became Rudd vs Howard/Costello. This is where he shot himself in the foot.

The other main issue for losing is that his Industrial Relations plan 'Workchoices" was brought in after the last election without anyone knowing he had these plans. And, 'Workchoices' is a BIG loser in the electorate. So, there was a huge trust issue as John Howard said that once Costello was PM nothing would change (Workchoices wouldn't be toughened) - well, how could he guarantee that if he wasn't there anymore?

Now, the Libs are in deep water. Howard reaffirmed his belief in Costello to lead the Libs in Oppossition as his natural 'Heir' in his concession speech. The next day, Costello announced that he didn't want the job and isn't staying on til the next election - he couldn't be PM so he won't fight for it as an Oppossition Leader? - just showed us what he is made of and I'm glad he is walking.
  2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Sounds like a real Abbott and Costello routine! Seems they need time in opposition to get their act together.
  3. meow

meow New Member

Twelve more days til kit n' kat compete at the Aussies. The comp actually starts on Firday and runs for 3 days but they don't have anything til the Sunday. I think they are starting to feel slightly stressed - would like more time.
  4. MissBallroomBear

MissBallroomBear Active Member

Hey guys. Been really busy so I haven't been on for a few days.
    Anyone up? If so, how are we?
  5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Chasing you round the DF.... I was just trying to find IRU in the lost threads bin and you flushed it out.

Busy with school stuff?
  6. meow

meow New Member

Hi all. How are we?
  7. meow

meow New Member

Hi all. How are we?
  8. MissBallroomBear

ED: Yep, busy with school stuff. Also, went to a friends' dancing concert the other night. Not ballroom. The kind of concert were they choreograph a routine and perform it on stage. Much prefer our type of dancing. Can't tell her that though.

Meow: Can't complain too much. How bout you?

P.S. How can I get two quotes in the same post?
  9. meow

meow New Member

I'm fine. The weather is very sticky here and sleeping is difficult enough without this humidity. I think I should invest in a ceiling fan as I won't run the ac all night. How is school - it should be over soon. So you have the end of year 'Activities Week?'

Hi ED. It must be very early in your part of the world.
  10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

its 4 15 or so here - went to sleep rather early (9 pm) but woke as one of the knuckles on my right hand really hurt - so much that I thought maybe I was getting arthritis - turnes out I must have been sleeping with it crooked or something as its fine now.

cat keeps bothering me - Nora comes and sits on my lap making it impossible to type. I find I can't say no to her though! Amazing how cats have evolved to act the child, they bring out all the maternal protective/caring instincts. Right down to the baby's cry at night...
  11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Funny how that works, innit?

DH woke me up last night asking me if I wanted my pillow back. Seems he wanted his pillow back, which I'd taken over...on account of Idget having taken over my pillow.

Yeah, sure, the cats had completely taken over my side of the bed (Fizz sleeps at my feet, and then stretches out; Idge took over the pillow; they're both big cats), and I was completely contorted and ticking off DH...but I felt so horrible kicking them off the bed. Settled for kicking Idge off...he has a cat bed *right there* anyway.
  12. meow

meow New Member

Many years ago I was married. I had a cat that I had before we met. My DH didn't like cats much. One day he said 'It's me or the cat!' I looked at him and said, 'OK. See ya.' :cool:
  13. MissBallroomBear

Good on you Meow!

I dont have a cat but If I were married and my husband didn't like my dog then I'd be saying 'arrivederci' too.
  14. meow

meow New Member

I ended up having that cat for 21 years. Longer than my marriage.
  15. meow

meow New Member

Well, it is nearly 1 am and I cannot sleep. Don't know why but I thought it was 3 am and posted that in H & R thread........obviously sleep deprived when one cannot tell the time. Where is everyone lately? Elise is usually around at least once every 24 hours.
    Hellooooooooo, out there.
  16. meow

meow New Member

Well, goodbye out there. I am going to try to get some sleep. Hope I am in luck.
  17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Well, wherer is every one? Meow is usually around here someplace ;)

Busy morning, now at work and working well for a change. Some good news helps the concentration.... :)
  18. meow

meow New Member

Glad you have had some good news ED. I am back again and it has only been 5 hours since my last visit. Not a lot of sleep last night. Do you have a comp this weekend?
  19. MissBallroomBear

Ugh.. It's 3:50 pm and it feels like it's 11 pm.. Soo tired..

Not late enough for my fellow insomniacs?
  20. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Depends on what time zone you're in.
    Currently it is almost midnight where I am.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.