International Championships 2009

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Addicted2Rhinestones, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Aren't the International Championships this weekend? Anyone know if there's a website?
  2. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

3. Becca

Becca Active Member

It's Tuesday 13th, Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th - I can't wait!
  4. Thanks for the website. Becca, r u watching this one?
  5. Becca

Becca Active Member

I am, I go to London on Monday to watch the BDF's 'Night of 100 Stars' show that night, and then straight to Brentwood Tuesday morning!
  6. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Any news of results for Pro Latin?
  7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Haven't heard anything yet. Congrats to Denis and Yuliya for getting second in RS latin yesterday though!
  8. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

9. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Clean sweep by the US teams: Katusha/Arunas won the first place and Anna/Victor the second place, beating all of the three Italian teams in the final for change.
    It look Slavik/Anna did not make to the second round. Isn't this a surprise?
  10. pinkstuff

pinkstuff Member

They (Slavik & Anna) didn't dance this competition.
    Pro Latin won by Joanna Leunis/Micheal Malitowski.
  11. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Interesting Am Standard result as well, with the top two swichting from the result I saw at Embassy. I happen to agree with this result better:)

Paolo and Sylvia seem to be climbing up slowly...

And congrats to Linas and Katya on being in the pro quarterfinal!
  12. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

that's very good news for US pros!!! Congrats!
  13. Standarddancer

Actually very bad for all us ams – I think dancesportinfo listed couples registered but didn’t Dance at bottom; then probably list all couples didn’t’ make any cut as “2nd round” and totally eliminates couples in the 1st round completely, if that’s the case, means none of the US am couples except the champion got into 2nd roundL
    really not great for US ams. Well, int’l and UK open always tough for amateurs, only the top couples bother to compete (I mean very top European couples), usually very bad luck for most of US champ couples.
  14. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Don't forget that the same US teams secured the first and the second places in the WCD in Tokyo. Next stop: Blackpool.
  15. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Lets not forget our Senior couples, congrats out to some of the Senior couples who did very well - Lonnie & Susie Tsang who came in 3rd in the Over 50 Standard, Thomas Keller & Evelyn Lafferty who came in 4th in the Over 50 Standard & Xingmin & Katerina Lu who made the Semi's in the Senior Standard. The US still has some amazing couples out there :)
  16. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

In Latin, there were many ams that got pretty far!
  17. Standarddancer

US based latin ams perform stronger in World stage than standard ams. It's been like this for a few years (I'm talking about open am category)
  18. Standarddancer

Congrats to our Senior representatives!!!
  19. Natasha.

Natasha. Member

Bryan Watson's marks:

1 Franco- Oxana 2 1 2 1 1
    2 Riccardo - Yulia 1 2 1 2 2
    3 Markus - Ksenia 4 3 4 5 3
    4 Michael - Joanna 3 6 3 3 5
    5 Andrey - Melinda 5 4 5 6 4
    6 Sergey - Melia 6 5 6 4 6
  20. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Bryan was one of the judges? Interesting!!!! It seems that his marks are biased against non-Germany representing dancers. lol...... :p