Is MAC full coverage foundation same as Studio Tech?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Standarddancer, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I saw a pro lady looks fabulous in her comp makeup, so I asked her which foundation she's using, and she told me "MAC full coverage NC 35"; I went to MAC site and typed in "full coverage" as search key words but came out only 1 result as the Studio Tech product. Are these the same product?

2. Standarddancer

I actually went to Macy's MAC counter asking them about MAC full coverage, and they say they don't carry full coverage there, only the MAC store carry them. So I actually doubt maybe this product is not even on MAC site? is it possible?

3. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I do remember MAC making a foundation that was just called "Full Coverage", but I stopped using MAC foundation about 3 years ago (converted to the church of Bare Minerals, haha) so I don't know if it's still around or not. Although a friend of mine uses Studio Tech and the coverage is quite impressive without looking cakey. I'll investigate the next time I'm at the MAC store buying eyeliner, which should be within the next few weeks ;)

While we're on the topic of MAC, has anyone used their Pro Longwear Lipcolor? IT'S OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! The makeup artist used it on me for Halloween, and I was skeptical when he was like "this isn't going to rub off on ANYTHING" - I usually loathe long-wearing formulas because they do rub off and they also leave your lips feeling dry and sandpaper-y. But this stuff stayed soft and glossy, without kissing off on my cup or migrating around my mouth. I should seriously invest in this stuff for comps...:cool:

4. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

not sure about MAC, but when it comes to foundation I am for the last couple of years stick with Shiseido.

For my type of skin it is perfect. (my skin is dry, but oily on a T - zone)

it's not melting, there is a huge palett of colors and it actually got into a skin if you put it right.

5. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

MAC full coverage is a PRO only product and for sale to those that are in the makeup/salon/show biz. go to www . macpro . com

Since you are a competitor you can (and I am 99.9% sure on this) it. But you would have to get the pro card

OR go to a free standing MAC store a a MAC Pro store.

MAC Pro stores are located in theses following states: Orlando, Miami, Chicago and NY. there are 2 in Canada too.

BUT ... sometimes the freestanding mac stores carry the pro product.

MY suggestion is to get a mac pro card and get the discount.

6. emeralddancer

oh yeah .... I am a total mac addict. LOL

7. emeralddancer

Just realized you ARE in NY. Mac Pro is on 7 West 22nd street. WOW you are so in luck!!!

8. Standarddancer

thanks all.

Emerald dancer, how much discount a pro can get? do you have a pro account?

9. Standarddancer

I vaguley remember there might be another MAC store on 5th Avenue & 56th or 57th Street. Not sure why not showing up at Macpro dot com...Need to check it out, this one is in mid town, closer to me:)

10. gracie

gracie Active Member

My Mac full coverage is called Studio Tech and I got it at the store in Orlando. Lasts forever and looks great in pictures.

11. Standarddancer

ok so now at least I'm sure MAC full coverage is not the same product as "Studio Tech" since it's listed on macpro dot com as 2 different products.

wow, this board is so helpful, cleared out my confusion so quickly!

12. Standarddancer

ok here is what macpro site showing as benefits and discounts:

Make-up artists receive a 40% discount. Aestheticians, Cosmetologists, Hairstylists, Fashion Stylists, Nail Technicians, Costume Designers, Models, On-Air Talent/Performers, and Photographers receive a 30% discount.

not sure if ballroom competitors fall within any of these, worth a try?

13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

If you want help testing out this claim, let me know, I'll be happy to make the sacrifice and volunteer. ;) :cool:

14. Standarddancer

you go pick up a number, I'm sure it'll be a long line there already;)

15. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

I use MAC full coverage foundation, NC35. It doesn't say anything on it about Studio Tech. I bought it at a MAC store in a mall in Virginia.

I believe ballroom competitors can qualify for the discount, especially if you have done some shows. I think you may have to provide them with some kind of proof that you have performed or are going to perform. I was going to look into this but haven't bothered because the makeup I bought from them has lasted me for over a year and I haven't needed to go back yet.

Edit: I wouldn't order the color from the web site. I would go into a store and try it on your skin to make sure you are getting the best color for your own skin.

16. Standarddancer

I did a search at maccosmetics dot com with key word "full coverage" and showed up "studio tech"; I think that's only because since regular mac site doesn't carry full coverage, so it could only show studio tech which is another powder provides full coverage.

17. Standarddancer

so are you happy with this product?

18. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

I absolutley love the full coverage foundation for competition.

19. Standarddancer

hmm, sounds good, definitely will go to the store to check it out:)

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I suspect you're right, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't et my name on the list. :)