Is MAC full coverage foundation same as Studio Tech?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Standarddancer, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

ok well, put yourself on waiting list, hey you never know, you might get a chance;)
  2. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

My face tends to turn bright red while I'm dancing, making me look more tired. I find the full coverage foundation does a pretty good job of hiding the redness, making me appear fresher and more energetic. ;)
  3. Standarddancer

wow that's even better, excellent, now I'm really rave about this product;)
  4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Maybe you could tell the MAC Pro people that you're a model...for ballgowns?
  5. Standarddancer

maybe good idea. But if you say you are model, do they require you to show them a model contract?
  6. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Etp, you're a ham :lol:
  7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

*oink* :cool:
  8. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

I think it is 30% go the website I provided it tells all the details and what one must do
  9. emeralddancer

Studio Tech IS NOT full coverage they are 2 different products. The pro line is much more pigmented than the regular consumer line.

The pro line is normally used for photo shoots, runway work, tv etc ... it provides maximum pigment and is built to last under all the lights and heat and such ... so perfect for ballroom comps.

Their regular line is great too. I just wanted to let you know what the pro line was amied at.

Also to get the pro card ... it really is simple. If you are a dancer send in your info and business card (shouldn't all pros have one? if not make one on the computer and print it out) and pics of you at comp and the money and photo id. It takes a wee bit to get but worth it. AND the discount is used on almost ALL MAC products.

i suggest to go to speckta dot net (an all make up forum mostly mac-aholics with GREAT makeup ideas and tutorials) and do a search about the pro card. Many of the ones that have the card there give you tips on how to actually get it and what you need to have to send in to get it in detail.
  10. emeralddancer

not necessarily ... you can have professional photos I believe. see above post. LOL
  11. emeralddancer

ALSO ... make sure you have a good facial cleanser and get ALL the makeup off. MAC, Ben Nye, Makeup Forever are all very pigmented and pore clogging. They are all makeup lines used by the fashion, tv industry. SO .... use a good cleanser, toner and moisturizer! That way you will really keep you skin healthy.

Side note ... when putting on said foundations ... they may look "heavy" or cakey at first ... it is because it needs to "settle" onto your skin and acclimate itself to give you that polished airbrush look (with the use of great brushes too)
  12. emeralddancer

be careful of that since makeup is a product that is consumable ... it has a time limit that it actually is good.

Oil-Free Foundation: 1 year
    Cream or Compact Foundation: 18 months
    Concealer: 12-18 months
    Powder: 2 years
    Blush and Bronzer: 2 years
    Cream Blush: 12-18 months
    Powder Eye shadow: 2 years
    Cream Eye shadow: 12-18 months
    Eyeliner: 2 years
    Liquid eyeliner: 3-6 months
    Mascara: 3 months
    Lipstick: 2 years
    Lip liner: 2 years
    Lip gloss: 18-24 months
    Nail Color: 1 year

If you are using natural cosmetics, these should be thrown out sooner. Regular cosmetics contain ingredients that do help prolong shelf life. But of course natural cosmetics do not. Please check with your favorite natural store for the information on the cosmetics you love.

Also doing a sniff test helps ... LOL
  13. Standarddancer

so the MAC full coverage is creamy? so it has a life approx. 18 months?
  14. Standarddancer

I called the pro store at 7 west 22nd Street about pro card; they say I must provide some credential or proof as ballroom dancer + paying $35 annual fee, then I can get 30% off for the whole year.

I need to think if I really want to go thru the work of photocopy my dancephotos or awards ribbons to send to them, depends on how many MAC products I'm gonna to use, if full coverage is the only thing I use from them (I also love Urban Decay, Make up forever, Lancome, Ben Nye, CD, etc), plus some drugstore brands;)...but certainly worth the pro card if I use majority of MAC products for comp makeup.
  15. emeralddancer

Can't hurt ... OOOOOOOOOOO you could show your membership to the NDCA and a few photos. Membership counts. Shows you are a registered competing individual. and hey 30% is worth it. PLUS it may help IF you purchase other MAC stuff.

If not eh .... we have the info now right? LOL
  16. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

on a web site is 40%? :confused:
  17. emeralddancer

40% for Makeup artists. others in the "show business" field it is 30%

preference goes to make up professionals as they are technically "promoting" MAC every time they use it on someone's face. ... not to "others" LOL
  18. Standarddancer

probably I'll pass the pro card this time since I've already bought bunch of makeups from Sephora, I've already got a new UD eyeshadow palette, benefit stick foundation, Clinique blush; I'm quite set for a while. But for sure I'll check out full coverage, if I like it and works well for me and I decide to continue re-purchasing, I'll think about the pro card.
  19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Glad this thread got BOT. The nerve of some people. That stuff belongs in the flirting thread, stay on topic people!
  20. Standarddancer

let's self-moderate before an official moderator step in;) lol.