Is MAC full coverage foundation same as Studio Tech?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Standarddancer, Dec 7, 2008.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, all I had to know about makeup in theatre was to walk up to Amanda, head makeup tech, and say Make me Beautiful. My experience ends there. Oh, and that to take it off I used a tshirt (same gymnastics shirt every show, so got permanently stained), cold cream, and plain old soap and water, in taht order. Bit rough on the skin.

2. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

ETP you are a hoot :D

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm sure you could get Kat to hook you up with a ballgown "modeling contract." ;)

Shared membership, anyone? ;)

4. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

lol. Hmm...not worth bothering my dear friend for this;) don't feel like paying $35 annual fee.

5. Standarddancer

I probably won't get it this time, if you or some of your friends interested in getting, let me know, I order thru you:)

6. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

I will register myself in January because i need to buy some professional products. so if you want PM me.

7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I assume they have the same color range in their "pro" line that they do in their "consumer" line?

8. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

it's not only about the color range. there is more products that you can buy and get a really got discount.

9. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I'm wondering if/when I make the Colts cheerleading squad (try-outs are in April :cool:), if I can qualify for the pro card as well...it's sounding like it's a pretty good deal!

10. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

it is. I will register myself as a make up artist. so I'll have 40% discount.
    I just need to find time to do that.

11. emeralddancer

You have to prove you are a makeup artist in order to register. (just so you understand) and in most states that requires licensing. I believe Florida is one of the states that requires the license. Therefore MAC will require you to show "proof" via a copy of your license and such. This is just an FYI. :D

12. emeralddancer

Yes they do. Their pro line is just more pigmented and the formulations are a bit different to withstand extremes in the entertainment industry (ie: lights, sweating, etc ...) THOUGH they may have a bit more product, but not entirely sure.

13. emeralddancer

it is possible. because you are then "modeling" so to speak. You will have promotional shots and a contract so those can be used in order to get the card and discount.

14. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

I know. but I am a make up artist (with a diploma ;)). i think that i just need to translate it, because it is on croatian.

15. Standarddancer

thanks, will let you know:) takes some time to translate that MA diploma? Hope they don't require you to notarize that diploma.

16. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i will not translate it myself. i know an official translator here so he will translate, and put stamp ...

actually i have a stamp in my work book also, i need to see maybe the book is on english.

17. Recently had an interesting experience at MAC. My girlfriend was looking for comp makeup at MAC and the regional trainer for New England happened to be in the store at the same time. He decided to have a lot of fun with her and I ended up spending 3 hours (or so) in the store while he explained what he was doing. Anyway, I can definitely vouch for MAC products and will post pictures in the picture gallery to show what MAC can do....

18. emeralddancer

SO cool! Well when you do let me know and I will purchase thru you. :D

19. emeralddancer

OOOOOOOO nice. I should post pics from my showcase that the guy did for me. (I will when I actually get time) Man it felt so cakey at first until it settled. But I was impressed with the longevity of it and being able to withstand it thru dancing and all.

20. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Amen to that...I have MAC to thank for my Marilyn Monroe-esque Halloween makeup. Bet your gf had a great time with the trainer...I'm jealous! 8)