Is Ray Rose and International better than Supadance ?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by dancingirldancing, Jul 13, 2009.

1. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I worked for a company that sold Dance Naturals as well as Supadance and International. I waited on on customers constantly and from what I recall, Dance Naturals consistently fit much wider than International.This was a couple of years ago. Maybe they've changed?

2. Yanou

Yanou Member

I just noticed Ray Rose revamped their website and raised the prices.
    So, the price for Blizzard is now 81.39 B. pounds while the price I paid for 10 days ago (excluding shipping) was 62.61. That's about $30.00 rise in the price. Quite steep!

3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

That is a ridiculous price jump...we paid top dollar when the exchange rate US to British pound was 2 to 1. When we finally get a break on the exchange rate, they raise the prices. Why does it figure? It seems there is no justice at times.... *sigh*

4. Pheeew lucky I purchased from their old website.

I bought the Carmen one and it WAS already more expensive than Supa and International.

I cant imagine paying anymore for it !

It has to be exceptionally good for me to pay even more for it !

5. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

I recall there were a thread last year on this forum someone mentioned Dance Natural shoes tend to be narrow.

6. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

I love my International Superstar Single Strap shoe. Don't want to try anything else because, why bother. If the shoe fits... I just wish International still made the slim heel available in the US. It's ridiculous that they don't as the flare heel kinda sucks for standard, IMO:( I have to buy them from dancesportuk and it takes forever...

7. Standarddancer

International makes both slim and Flare for their popular styles. I also like int'l superstar single strap in round toe. Right dancesportuk takes forever, HKK just forward me links at showtime website, I don't see they have round toe single strap, they only have pointed toe single strap, I sent an email to them, but my feeling is if they dont' have it listed in stock, they might have to order from International from England anyway, so still might take a long time:(

Maybe fastest if we order from International directly? I was so stupid, I trashed the receipt from International purchase at Blackpool, otherwise I will definitely place order directly from them. I know dancesport uk order from them, then shoes ship from International warehouse to dancesport uk warehouse before ship to USA. Probably going to save some time to have shoes ship directly from Int'l to NY.

8. black_light

black_light New Member

Has anyone tried RR Drizzle? How long do they last? Do they stretch a lot?

On other note, RayRose have new models and colors on their website!
    Did anyone try the Flex models? How big is the difference?

Is there a big difference between flared and slim heels when it comes to stability?
    Never tried slim hill before, and thinking to order my next shoes with slims.

9. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

I just checked it out. I like the new website layout much better... it looks like the new prices are listed in Euros, not Pounds. So no need to freak out :)

10. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I like Aida shoes for latin.

11. Yanou

Yanou Member

aaahhhhh! Silly me! Indeed! The list price is in Euros.

So, $116 for shoes + $28 for shipping for Blizzard now. It's still more expensive after the website update but I can accept that.

Blizzard I got about 10 days ago (maybe?) was very tight on my right foot, so I got a blister. Now the straps for the toe part seem to have stretched, so they are perfect for me now.

Monsoon was the one I got before, and it was a perfect fit for me when I got them. The straps (for the toes) stretched really fast, (like in a few months), so my feet shifted forward in the shoes and the position of the heels moved a bit too far back. So, the stability I felt in the beginning didn't last too long. But I'm willing to give Ray Rose a few more chances.

Carmen didn't fit me. The position of arch support is too far back for my feet and I didn't feel comfortable. I still wear them for socials though.

Another thing I noticed about Ray Rose is that the cushion in the sole is not as good as Freed or International.

12. Carmen works well for me !

But my feet are really wide ....

I actually go .5 inch higher than my normal shoes and it still feel ok.

Havent really dance in it though.

May try in the social but I freak out about ruining it as it is quite exxy !

13. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the clarification on the pounds vs. euros!

14. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Looks like Ray Rose is offering a few more styles of Standard shoes on their newly redesigned site. Some come in Wide now. And all of them come in a 2.5" slim heel.

Has anyone tried the Rockslide?

15. Fouette

Fouette New Member

Yes, I've switched from Supa to RR Rockslide. Ray Rose boasts that their shoes are competition-ready, and they definitely are! They don't have that "new shoes" feeling, and come with the soles and shoe box already pliable. Like their Latin shoes, the heels come very balanced - you can choose between a flared and a slim (slim is close to Supa's contour shaped hel). The more recent models all come with an arch support that almost feels like running-shoe technology; plus, I feel their ball-of-foot padding is a bit more generous than Supa's shoes. Altogether, great shoes!

16. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Thanks! They sound like they're worth a try. Would you say they run true to size and width?

17. Fouette

Fouette New Member

I used to wear a 5UK in Supa 1012 (remember, Supa 1012 runs about 1/2 a size smaller than the non-strapped ones), but now I wear a 4 or 4.5UK in RR (I like my shoes on the tight side). RR also runs a bit more narrow, I feel, especially in the models that feature a pointed toe.

18. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Thanks!! :)

19. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Well, I did save the receipt of my International shoes purchase at Blackpool. There is a website:
    www. internationaldanceshoes. com.

Under the contact tab there is a mail order email address... Maybe I'll use it next time to inquire about a direct purchase. Couldn't be any slower than dancesportuk! Just FYI to all International fans:)

20. Standarddancer

thanks ithink!