Is Ray Rose and International better than Supadance ?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by dancingirldancing, Jul 13, 2009.

1. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I think international may forward your request to Showtime, because they have a contract with them. Thats how it was a few years ago. If you wanted International, you had to order from Showtime...or dancesportUk. Maybe it has changed. Has any ordered directly from International recently? Anyone from here in the states that is?

2. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Well if Showtime carried the shoes I want (with NON-flare heels), that'd be fine. But they don't and I hate it. I will not be ordering from them because they just unilaterally decided to stop carrying shoes a lot of people actually really like to wear. Poor decision on their part:( International can make them carry these shoes and if they do, they can forward my reqeust to them, fine. But I need slim heel shoes and Showtime doesn't have those at this time.

3. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Have you ordered directly from International before? I'm just curious.
    I was there when they switched to all flares. The flare was wildly popular when it came out which is why they stopped doing slim. They weren't selling nearly as well. The exchange rate wasn't helping either. I don't work there any more so I can't speak for now. I get my current shoes from Worldtone:D

4. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

No, never have but would like to try, especially if shipping is faster than dancesportuk.

5. I am kissing my Carmen atm.....I am thinking about buying 3 more pairs just in case they decided to discontinue this !

Best latin shoe ever !

6. DanceAngel

DanceAngel New Member

For those of you that like a slim heel. I just ordered direct from Ray Rose and many of their Latin styles as well as standard shoes are offered in both the slim and flared heel.

7. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

HKK helped me to confirm that special ordering from showtime thru Int'l takes approx. 6 weeks, which is actually longer than dancesport UK; but still good to know, thanks HKK;) meanwhile, I emailed dancesport UK about special order of int'l shoes, Eva replied saying Int'l is on vacation for summer until 8/10 and after that would take approx. 2-3 weeks for delivery which make sense, I checked my credit card statement from '08, I ordered from UK 2/27, and I was already wearing Int'l shoes for 3/15 BYU National, so UK did take less than 4 weeks, I might give them business again. Also send an email to International directly, not yet response. Eva is right, they are on vacation now.

8. black_light

black_light New Member

What model did you order?

9. DanceAngel

DanceAngel New Member

I ordered the Earthquake in a 3 inch flared heel, in the dark tan satin. I noticed that this particular one does come in a slim heel as well.