Is there a perfume that smells like ... ?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DWise1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

OK, this is kind of a weird question, but I've encountered it twice in less than a week.

Is there a perfume that smells like marijuana smoke? Or like what someone who hasn't been near the stuff for over 3 decades would think smells like residual marijuana smoke?

I was catching whiffs of it on a woman I was dancing with the other night. I commented later about smelling something suspicious in the other part of the lounge and she agreed that she thought she had smelled it too, but it seemed to me that it was coming from her, apparently mainly from her hair, which is the part of her that my nose would come closest to.

Then tonight in class, I kept smelling the same thing on another woman.

So is there something that women would be using that would have a smell like that? BTW, one woman is probably around 60 and the other in her 40s.

And, no, I'm not looking to score, in either sense of the word.
  2. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

Boy, nothing I know of comes to mind, BUT walking through a cloud of the stuff, it could be picked up on the hair and everything else she wore.

It's ONE of the reasons I abhor going anywhere with cigarette/cigar smoke because it clings to everthing...

Now, where could they have walked through a cloud of marijuana???
  3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

If you smelt it in their hair, could it possibly be a common hair product? A hairspray?

(Yes, I can be naive ;))
  4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Perhaps she's just 420-friendly.
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hmmm...the only time I pick up on something similar is when people are burning leaves...I have smelled alot of perfumes and nothing comes to mind...but if they are both women at your studio it could be something that is out and useable in the powder room there...doesn't strike me as a good smell, btw, gag, far too sweet
  6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

That's kinda wht I was thinking.

Maybe it's not a perfume. Hair is probably the hardest thing to get smoke smells out of.
  7. Peaches

I find it odd that this is one scent I absolutely don't pick up on. Despite college, despite friends, despite plenty of things. I just absolutely cannot differentiate it from, say, cigarette smoke. Very odd. My mom (a straight-arrow if ever there was one) can pick it out better than I can.
  8. fascination

well, ya know...when you've been around something toooooooomuch lol, you get used to the smell, ya dig? giggle...tease...giggle

example...until I moved out of my parents home I couldn't smell smoke on tmy clothes
  9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

For the person who has never come across this phrase before, ie. me?!
  10. Peaches

Heh heh...All I've ever smoked are cigarettes. And i've never been able to smell it--even before I started smoking.

Now, if I smell "cigarette" smoke that smells like dryer sheets, I know what's going on right off!
  11. Peaches

"420" is, I've been told, the police code for drug activity. I don't know if it's marijuana specific. Don't quote me on it--that's what I've heard, so it could be an urban legend.

"420" is often used as shorthand to refer to...green stuff. Often, stoners will have a cigarette (or something else, if the occasion warrants) or something at 4:20pm, as a way of remembering a "favorite number."

Edit: Have now looked it up. "420" is marijuana specific. There is no definitive answer for where the shorthand came from.
  12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yeah, and isn't there an annual "420 Day"...? national pot-smoking day, apparently. it was a couple months ago... or maybe in the summer. can't remember. my kids told me about it & i was like you, pacion -- had never heard the expression before.
  13. Peaches

Yes, there is. April 20th (4/20).
  14. fascination

yep...okay...alrighty...good old gullible fascination's gonna buy that one hook line and sinker:roll: :nope:
  15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i didn't think it was that long ago... maybe i'm losing it.

on topic:

burning sage smells awfully similar to marijuana. if a woman is on the new-agey side & uses this at home, she could very well smell like pot when she goes out.
  16. fascination

well, it also depends upon how familiar dwise is with the smell....not asking mind you but, ...some really sweet musks could hearken a memory if it was a faint one...like I personally find tabu to fall into that category...makes me wanna hurl...sorry, just my opinion
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

tabu doesn't remind me of the smell of pot, but it sure does make me want to hurl, as well
  18. fascination

only in terms of being musky and sickly sweet...it just has the same effect on me
  19. Peaches

What? *blinks innocently*

I don't know which part you doubt. That I've not smoked it, or the dryer sheet smell bit?

I've no idea why you'd doubt any part of my statement. (Which is, btw, 100% true. I drink, I smoke cigarettes, but I've never done anything more than that. And I never will. Personal principle, and a good bit of fear based on how I've seen friends change.)

Otherwise, though...Tabu, eh? Don't know it. Who makes that? Is it a high-end perfume?
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

who cares... <blech>

;)