Is there a perfume that smells like ... ?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DWise1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Because now my curiosity is piqued...I want to find out where I've got to go to sniff it.

(Yes, I know the stupidity of it. That's just me, though. I've got to experience it for myself.)
  2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

More importantly, has it been banned from restaurants! :lol: The Christian Dior perfume Poison was banned from certain restaurants because sooooo many women were wearing it, and it was overpowering the air.
    Did a quick Google :banana: and found only one reference. From the headlines and all the media activity I can recall, it probably seemed like it was more than one restaurant at the time.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

just playing with you buddy...me neither btw...pure as the driven snow...

as for tabu...I don't know the price or maker...my mom wore it for a time and its in the bathroom at our studio...and it GAGS me...not even an improvement on the other smells in there IMO...though it certainly will overpower them...my apologies to anyone with a soft spot in their heart for tabu..I know that sometimes folks have some sort of memory or attachment to certain scents...my personal preference is for something much lighter and cleaner
  4. fascination

I don't even know if they make it anymore...for all I know that btl in the old studio is ten years old...ya know how that goes:rolleyes:
  5. fascination

uh doh...guess pacion did all the heavy lifting to answer your question...mental note to self: get with the program babe...sip more coffee
  6. Sabor

Sabor New Member

u know the problem with women.. they dont wash their hair enough for fear of losing it.. so they try to cover it with products that sometimes when mixed up with smelly head can produce weird pffffff like odors.. jaja
  7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

had to laugh because, i got as far as "as for tabu" and was thinking "ohgod, even just the thought of that stink makes me GAG..." and then you said it for me...

lol
  8. Pacion

Pacion New Member

You know this, because... :raisebro:
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

eeewww... i thought it was the men that don't wash their hear enuf for fear of losing it??? LOL

gimme the smell of clean any ol' day...
  10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Nah! Have :google: Will :google: Guess I am a :google: addict? :raisebro: I learn so much. The only problem is, I remember a lot of it too!
  11. Sabor

Sabor New Member

whachathink? i'm telepathic maybe?

smelly salseras heads ofcourse.. many atime i wanted to spray them.. but the stink would only mix further and get worse :(
  12. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Oh man, what have I started?

No, entirely different studios and entirely different instructors. And I've only ever seen either woman in her respective venue.
  13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

quoting National Geographic's motto.. 'Think again'
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

NIME, saborcito...
    :)
  15. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Yes, I thought you were telepathic! Silly me! :lol:

On a serious note, I have been told that there are certain women who do not wash their hair - not sure if the men in this particular region who do it too - and regularly put coconut oil in their hair. Their hair is in amazing condition AND it does not smell as one might expect from "unwashed hair". From the look of your photo Sabor, their hair much longer than yours ie. waist length! :artsy:
  16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes, i have heard this many times. in fact, it is only the scalp that needs to be cleansed of an accumulation of oils, and that is supposed to be perfectly achieved by the use of apple cider vinegar mixed with water & then rinsed out.

i regularly used coconut oil on my hair after i wash & condition it & before i style it. i tend to think of coconut as the #1 miracle food on the planet... it's certainly great for hair, among many other things.
  17. Sabor

Sabor New Member

what 'particular region'??.. i was talking about women in general from everywhere.. not specific regions.. maybe its a salseras problem or its that i encounter it more at salsa since their hair is in my nose many a time..
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

with that hair whipping in your face during all those turns, i can imagine you get a good whiff of a woman's hair!

i always put oil in my (clean) hair before i hit the dance floor... usually rose oil, sometimes hawaiian tropic (that dark tanning blend has some gorgeous oils in it). men frequently comment about the smell of my hair when we're dancing -- i think that's nice. nice for me, nice for them. :)
  19. Sabor

Sabor New Member

its more of a dancing close issue .. my height is perfect for their head to be under my chin..

well.. lets hope more women do like u do.. cause smelling nice hair sure helps the connection
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

maybe, if i ever get the chance to dance with dwise, and i can play with his head a bit and douse my head with sage smoke beforehand... LOL

just kidding, DW
    ;)