Iveta to be on Strictly Come Dancing

Discussion in 'Dance Articles' started by SDsalsaguy, Sep 30, 2012.

1. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Here's an article announcing Iveta as a replacement pro, for up to 4 weeks, on Strictly Come Dancing: article here! :D

....unfortunately, however, the BBC has decided to make use of two of my images (#s 1 & 3 in the article above) without giving credit and even to claim them as their own: Not cool BBC! :(
  2. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

FWIW, I think you're a great photographer.

And I think it's great that Iveta's coming on. I don't think SCD or DWTS has ever had a ten dancer yet.
  3. SDsalsaguy

Thanks ajiboyet!

I think a fair # of the internationally born pros have some 10-dance background as youth, but certainly none come even close to Iveta's level as far as professional 10-dance credentials. She's a great person too, and I hope people get to see that on SCD (especially as her stay on SYTYCD was unfortunately short).
  4. UKDancer

UKDancer Well-Known Member

Vincent Simone & Flavia Cacace were well-regarded 10-dancers, weren't they?
  5. ajiboyet

Pardon my ignorance.
  6. Leon Theou

Leon Theou Active Member

In the US, we've had at least one high-level amatuer 10-dancer (Inna Breyer, 2007 national champion), and also Andrea Hale, whose accolades are not as easy to find, but she is (or was at the time, competing in amateur 10-dance). Jonathan Roberts, though his professional career has been mostly in Latin and Smooth, has, fwiw, won pro-am titles in 10-dance too.
  7. SDsalsaguy

Sure, I'm not taking away from any of the others, but to my mind a two-time Pro World 10-Dance champion is different. Whether it translates into TV or not, only time will tell, but she also had experience performing with non-dancer partners (vs. competing with them, as many on the show have) in the DWTS Vegas show. Hopefully that stands her in good stead while she's filling in for Aliona.
    ajiboyet likes this.
  8. SDsalsaguy

9. ajiboyet

Ah, Jonathan. Wonderful teacher, I'm told.

Now that I think about it, this wasn't a well thought out post.
  10. SDsalsaguy

Hopefully you don't mean the part about thinking I know what I'm doing with a camera :oops:

;)
  11. ajiboyet

LOL! No, I don't mean that part. The other part.
  12. SDsalsaguy

:D