Knee pain

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by LXC, Apr 27, 2006.

1. rebeme

rebeme New Member

sometimes you can have knee pain if:

your pelvis is either too tucked, or your tailbone is too out
    you do not activate your stomach muscles
  2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Every time I read one of these knee threads, my left one starts to act up. What's up with that??!! Sympathy pain?
  3. LXC

LXC New Member

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! My brother in law is a physical therapist. I think I'd seek out his advice first only cause then he'd know which doctors are the best ones to see lol!;)
  5. Whirling Dervish

Whirling Dervish New Member

"your pelvis is either too tucked, or your tailbone is too out
    you do not activate your stomach muscles"

Wow, I never knew this. I have a 61 degree sway back (which makes my tailbone go out a little) and have ignored my abs lately in favor of a master's degree, so I've been experiencing more knee pain. Couldn't figure out why.

I'll definitely get my back worked on and do some crunches. Thanks!!!!
  6. Laura

Laura New Member

My ex-partner suffered through this for ages and then finally had to go and get knee surgery because he had a torn anterior and medial meniscus and the cartilage was peeling off the back of his kneecap.

Surgery was a success. However, he's still learning to use his legs and knees and posture properly so that he doesn't do it again. Basically, it's all irritation caused by over stress with sub-optimal body awareness/use. You can be trained through physical therapy or an awareness system like Feldenkaris to use your body in a more optimal way that doesn't throw the stress into the knees as much, plus strengthens the necessary leg muscles.

I was having a lot of pain at the same time he was, but in the opposite knee -- and interestingly enough, after he went and got the surgery and changed how he danced, all my pain went away and didn't come back.