Know anyone shy but confident when they dance?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Backstreet, Mar 14, 2006.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

You very, very naughty boy.... ;)

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Closet introverts UNITE!!!!

3. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

I know some shy people who are good dancers, yes. But anyone who is good at something tends to have confidence in that situation. So a good dancer would tend to be more confident inside the dance community than elsewhere.

But gaining confidence in one situation will over time probably give more confidence in other situations too. So good dancers will probably learn to be more confident in more situations.

Confidence may be a prerequisite to reaaly shine on the dance floor. But anyone who is good at the dancefloor will probably gain more confidence in general from this.

Anyway, that's what I think.

4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

[self censored -- where's the delete button anymore?]

5. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I think you're right. I got confused just thinking about it.

6. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

That's very much true. I've learnt to accept my body more. I've also become less shy to look at myself in the mirror, wear more revealing clothes, walk around in a swimsuit, etc.

7. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Me to a t. I'd rather dance than talk. I shocked one of my friends who was asonished at the transformation form the normal, reclusive, introvert, shy etc etc to this confident dancer. I even teach now, but when I demontrate dancing ( as opposed to just doing an exercise) I have to imagine that there's no-one there watching. I am strictly NOT a performer.

My confidence is limited to the dance floor