Ladies - favorite Latin shoe?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomboilergirl, Nov 16, 2003.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Actually I guess I should be more careful about my wording....the RR site actually says they are reinforced satin straps, but they are not "lined" with the leather that is normally used.

I believe the blizzards and the drizzle use these types of (reinforced satin - not leather lined) straps.

2. Bella

Bella New Member

The straps are so flexible, without the leather interior, it's amazing. If you have wider feet, it might cause these straps to stretch and tear quicker...

If you have narrow feet and would NOT prefer to have Blizzards due to the reason above, the next most narrow RR would be Monsoons. [Just an FYI]

3. dansa

dansa New Member

actually what the difference in the feeling of normal straps with leather under and satin straps without leather?

4. dansa

dansa New Member

but if you order according to your size, like lets say i order Blizzard extra wide size, then it should wear out the same as if a person with narrow feet buy the normal blizzards, or?
    im really tempted to try them now, eaven if i will have to tejp my pinkytoe to its neighbour toe every time I dance! :D

5. Bella

Bella New Member

Dansa - do you wanna try them because of the straps or just out of curiosity? If you have wider feet, I'd say to go for Cyclone or Earthquake.

Oh, and don't fret about the pinkytoe... the straps on my RR actually crosses over my pinkytoe allowing them to stay in tact! You just gotta try them on.

6. dansa

dansa New Member

i want to try them out because everyone keep saying how extremely flexible they are, and thats whats most important for me in a shoe ... and since they have blizzards in wide model, im thinking of trying it in the wide model which should be ok for my wide feet...

7. latingal

Actually for those with narrow feet, I believe mamboqueen has posted in the past that the Queen B model is very narrow too.

8. Bella

Bella New Member

GOOD CALL LG! I think Beata wears these. DANSA- If they sell Queen B in wide, this will be the perfect pair for you. The strappy side does not have the leather interior and the covered side will fix your pinkytoe problem.

LG, do you know if they sell these in wide?

9. latingal

Nope, not in wides.

10. latingal

By the way, love the look of the Meteors, wonder if anybody has tried them for sizing? Would love to try them if they're wide enough for my feet (though they probably won't make them in wide *sigh*).

11. dansa

dansa New Member

yeah eaven me i feel exactly the same about them, hope that maybe their size is a bit wider then normal although its not made in a wide fitting. like cyclone and carmen are for example... anyone knows?

12. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I tried on the Meteor this weekend (the vendor told me they've been around for 4 months or so). They are definitely for a narrow foot; I ordered a pair. I wear the 888 (Queen Bee) and find the other shoe, forgetting the name -- the one with the knot in the front -- to be too loose for me.

13. latingal

Dang, wish Ray Rose would make another shoe model for us ladies with a wider forefoot (that's not a t-strap).

14. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

This. Though I'm happy with my Capezios. The new pair is the same model as the old, but I swear these heels feel like a genuine 3", unlike the old pair.

I also discovered an advantage to brand-new shoes. Everyone at Tri-State seemed to think the floor was slippery. If anything I was sticking in Rhythm! (In my old shoes during Smooth it seemed fine to me.)

15. dansa

dansa New Member

Thanks for the info!
    Will for sure NOT order them now, although i really like the design.. Damn Rayrose, cant they just make all of their shoes available both in Wide or Narrow sizes.. :(

Seems like i'll be trying the Blizzards + wide size then :)

16. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I used the sock trick on worldtone shoes.... and they took them back no questions asked... I have skills like that!!

17. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I am like the ninja rebel of the ballroom dancing world lol!!!

18. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

So utterly annoyed. I picked up a brand new pair of (RR Queen Bee) shoes at the comp yesterday, put them on tonight and the buckle broke right off the bat. Am I the only one who has buckle problems??? The bizarre thing is that the buckle is a brand new type of buckle. So back to the store they go. It's so frustrating because it's really the only shoe I can comfortably wear. I hope the Meteors aren't going to have the same issue.

19. latingal

Wow MQ, I haven't had any buckle problems on my shoes.

20. Yanou

Yanou Member

I haven't had any problems with buckles, either. I have Carmen and Monsoon.

I do have problems with stretched straps, tho. When I got Monsoon, they were perfect but straps (in the toe part) got loose very easily. The "perfect" condition lasted about 1-2 months. Now they don't give me good ankle support because I can put a finger into the heel cup. I was going to try to take the shoe apart and tighten the straps but haven't had the time to do it.

I'm thinking of buying another pair but am hesitant to buy another RR. Maybe I'll try Freed of London this time.