Ladies - favorite Latin shoe?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomboilergirl, Nov 16, 2003.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, as luck would have it, the Meteors have arrived, so they're going to just let me swap the shoes with the broken buckle for the Meteors. I will let you guys know how they work out. I have a feeling my pinky toes maybe a little blue in the upcoming days. Love it!

2. Bella

Bella New Member

lol alright MQ!

Women and their shoes.... :rolleyes:

3. mamboqueen

no kidding...it's really the only part of my life that I'm a diva over.

4. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I feel you!!! I have very high standards about my shoes....

5. chica latina

chica latina New Member

Has anyone tried the Sunrise and compared to the Blizzard. Does the extra straps make the shoe narrower? or hold better?

I wish I could just go somewhere and try them on.. I like the Blizzard but if I could find a narrower style or straps would last longer would be better.

6. mamboqueen

Okay; I have my new Meteors on :) The buckles are different; no "rhinestone" trim. They are pretty snug; in fact, my pinkies are already rebelling. The straps do seem to hold my foot in place pretty snugly. I'll practice in them later and report any problems. But definitely for a narrow foot.

7. dansa

dansa New Member

thanks for update.. very disappointed that its a shoe for a narrow foot. :( they look very nice

8. Xavia

Xavia New Member

Hello everyone! I've been lurking this forum for a little while and I'd like to thank all of you for the useful posts and information. I've recently tried my first Ray Rose and here are some comments. Please take these opinions lightly since everyone has specific shoe preferences and requirements. The Meteors are very snug even for narrow feet. They hold your foot in place well, are comfortable, help your balance, and look great. However I feel as if this style doesn't allow you to feel the floor as well and the front straps feel strange and unnatural. It seems I prefer the spaced out and light strap arrangement, flexibility in the sole and straps, and "closeness to the floor" of my previous Supadance 1063N and 1516 shoes compared to the more rigid Meteor. However, I now love the extra balance and comfort RR gives. I'm looking forward to trying the Monsoon or Blizzard, since they seem to have the advantages of both Supadance strap flexibility and RR balance.
    RR Meteor (left), Supadance: 1516 (middle), 1063N (right)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. chica latina

chica latina New Member

Xavia, please let us know what you think of Monsoon or Blizzard compared to Meteor...

THanks for the info.

10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF Xavia!

11. Xavia

Xavia New Member

Thank you Latingal. :) The Blizzards are perfect, they are now my favourite shoe! They are extra comfortable, provide better support, help more with balance, and feel light and moulded to your feet as opposed to Meteor. Even though reinforced satin straps may not last as long, I would gladly trade that up for the extra flexibility. I've also noticed Meteor has a metal tip showing through the bottom of the heel, but Blizzard does not.

12. dansa

dansa New Member

Mmmmmm enjoying the great feeling of ordering a new pair of latinshoes! *love it*
    Ordered a pair of Blizzards! Cant wait to try them out now! ohh..

Btw, have a question regarding that..
    I have on my current shoe the strap closest to the big toe giving me blisters on both feet, and was wondering if the straps give more or less blisters on the Blizzards model?
    Im wondering because since its plain satin straps, and my logic in my head works out that just normal satin straps should cut in even more into the skin = give blisters. Am i right or wrong?

13. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Dansa, I think that plain satin straps would have much more give to them than the straps reinforced with leather... i.e. you should get less blisters with plain satin straps...

14. dansa

dansa New Member

hehehe i hope so! :)
    my logic didnt work out so well in my head i guess..

well if that is true, then i can immagine blizards being perfect for me! :D

15. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

latin shoe question for y'all who know so much more!

I've been wearing Supadance 1403 for a few months, these are my first "real" latin shoes. Problem: I stepped in some water on the gym floor yesterday, and now I have brakes instead of shoes. The big question: are the soles ruined forever and it's time to buy new shoes or at least get these resoled?

Also, has anyone tried Supadance shoes with what they call the SupaSole?

16. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

j alexandra, if the water was just a one time thing, the shoes should be fine... they should dry overnight and then if you brush them they should be back to normal. I have some old practice shoes that I had soaked a few times, but the damage is not permanent. I have RR, though, so maybe the soles are different, but I would think that after they dry and have been brushed a few times they should be back to normal....

17. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Thanks, Nonie. I hoped that would be the case, and am going to give them a brush after they dry. Haven't saved up enough $ for a trip to Worldtone any time soon, so glad for the extra time.

JA

18. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

I'm not sure if this is the best place for this post but...

For all you 10-dancers that have narrow feet and love Ray Rose Blizzards but have a hard time finding court shoes to fit, try Paoul. They sell them at World Tone. I got a pair yesterday and I'm loving them! They are slightly more narrow in the heel but don't squeeze the heck out of your toes. I'll probably still have to put a heel cushion in because my feet are so narrow, but they are super comfy, have just enough cushioning, and of all the court shoes I've tried thus far (supadance, international, ray rose, werner kern, celebrity) they just seem more luxurious and well-made. For narrow feet I would also recommend Werner Kern Laura, but Paoul 1040 has more room in the toe box and has more cushioning in the sole. The thing I like about the WK Laura shoe though is that the fabric on the side of the shoe comes up higher than most other brands (including Paoul) and so it feels like it is holding you in more.

19. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I agree that Paoul is more comfortable because it is more flexible... however, their heels (not the cup, but the actually heel) are thicker/wider... instead of being contour, slim, etc.. .they are quite wide... I find it very hard to dance standard in heels that are so wide... I prefer the more narrow heel. I have a pair of Supas that do me just fine... though, I do wish they came in a narrow fitting...

20. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

Nonies - have you worn Paoul latin shoes? Do they have any that are comparable in fit to RR Blizzards?