Ladies - favorite Latin shoe?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomboilergirl, Nov 16, 2003.

1. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Never worn their latin shoes.... only tried on their standards and felt that Supa was better..

I actually don't wear the RR blizzards though I think that they are very comfortable. I have a knack for killing my shoes at an extremely rapid pace (the pple at Worldtone now recognize my voice when I call bc I'm there all the time) and Lani told me that I'd probably destroy them in like 3 weeks... I use the Monsoons, though lately they have been fitting loosely so I may have to begrudgingly change shoes once more... so I might end up wearing the blizzards after all...

why is it when you finally find a shoe you like, they have to go and change everything????

In terms of Latin shoes, however, I think that Aida, RR, Supa, International, and Dance Naturals are probably the best out there....

2. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

I know....I pray RR doesn't change the Blizzards because those are the only ones that fit my narrow, flat feet. In most open toe shoes, there is a gap between my feet and the shoe straps large enough to fit my hand in!

3. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Got my new Ray Rose Blizzards in the mail last night. Woo Hoo!!! had my previous pair for nearly a year - can't believe how long they lasted compaired to other brands I'd used. I dance in them several hours a week and the only problem I had was the heel cup stretching out slightly. (and of course rubbing off the satin on the side of the heel.) I love these shoes!

4. dansa

dansa New Member

I got my Rayrose Blizzards yesterday,, and tried them out already during yesterdays dancetraining... My thoughts so far...

+
    They feel soft and comfortable.
    The heel (3") is perfectly high like all rayrose.
    Shoe feels very flexible already although its not even broken in yet.
    The sole feels soft and padded.
    The straps are covering all my toes perfectly.
    The quality of the shoe in general feels very high, perfectly made and feels like this shoe will last me for a long time.

-
    Although the straps do cover my pinky toe, while dancing, the straps (due to its flexibility) dont stay in their place, so i have to all the time stay arranging the straps because toes keep popping out and as soon as one toe pops out, the other toes fall out as well and i totally lose grip and have to take off and put my shoes back on again to adjust... Not okay.

This could maybe be because the fitting is a bit too big... I have wide feet, and normally every shoe i buy is always a bit too snug.. This were perfect, almost a bit too wide. I bought wide size. But i think that these are made a bit too wide!! The fitting could have been more tighter, in fact i dont feel as stable in this shoe as in my other shoes... which is very surprinsengly because rayrose always makes very stable shoes...

Another minus is i got already one blister from the straps, although i must admit Satin straps with no leather underneath is amazing and comfortable! but yes, i still got a blister...

All in all i really like this shoe. Its sooo comfy! But, it dosent seem to be able to fit my feet. The wide-fitting is too wide for me, which really ruins the shoe although the sizing is good. And if i buy the regular model, im sure the shoe will be too narrow, so i guess it wasent right this time either :( :(
    If only this shoe could fit my feet im sure it would be amazing.
    However gonna dance in them a bit more and see how it feels..

Just curious if there is anyone else who ordered Wide sizes from rayrose and can tell me if they feel that its too wide? i am a bit disappointed....

5. dansa

dansa New Member

dont feel like going trough the whole thread, but i remember someone wrote that the blizzards with the regular fitting became sligthly wider then before?
    is it true? maybe i should risk and try to the regular fitting although im pretty sure it will be too narrow for me??

man, why are rayrose fittings so weird... either very very narrow, or very very wide. at least my experience.. why not something in between ?

6. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

dansa, I order the wides in RR and the fit my wider forefoot well. As most people have experienced with latin shoes, you have to do a lot of searching to find your "perfect" fit.

7. canismajor41

That was me who got a pair of blizzards that were wider than usual. It was my third pair of blizzards (my first pair of black blizzards) and they were much larger in the toe box than the first two pairs (which were both tan).

I hope my next pair are consistent (in size) with the first two and that the black pair was just a fluke in manufacturing. Perhaps the black is wider than the tan - but that wouldn't make much sense.

8. dansa

dansa New Member

im thinking of next time buying the regular blizzards and then just stretch them to perfect fit, since the wide are too wide... just curious if anyone can tell me if the regular blizzards are very very narrow or narrow-ish ?

9. liz

liz New Member

had the same problem with them being to wide. I changed to dance naturals. But, was looking at the RR earlier and am considering trying them again... I wear 9 american, 38 in dance naturals, how does this compare to RR? Should I do 38 or go to 37?

10. Natalka

Natalka Member

Hi Liz,
    I wear a 9 as well and I use a size 37 in Ray Rose...

11. liz

liz New Member

Thanks,Natalka!!

12. liz

liz New Member

one more question. Has anyone tried the 3 1/2 inch heels in the RR? I wear 3 inch now, but in the one pair of RR I owned before the heels seemed short even in the 3inch... I am 5'7" not sure if I should go for the higher heel or not...

13. liz

liz New Member

you guys all like the blizzard better than the drizzle right? the drizzle is more like the dance naturals I wear now.... Kinda nervous about the change in style,,, 3" or 3 1/2" ?

14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

liz, in my experience the RR centered heel makes a 3" heel feel like a 2.5" heel for the feet. The design of the heel seems to take some pressure off the ball of the foot, but the height is what is stated.

If you are used to 3" heels already, consider doing 3" in RR and give your feet a break. Dancing in heels is really bad for your feet, and anything I can do to alleviate using 'em up faster than I have to, I do!

15. canismajor41

Dansa - I've tried on all the RR strappy latin shoes and the Blizzard runs more narrow than all of them. In fact, my feet are very narrow and flat and it is the only strappy latin shoe (not just in the RR brand - but in almost all brands) that fit me, so I would say comparatively speaking, they run very narrow, not narrowish ;-)

16. dansa

dansa New Member

:( i see.. but i dont care actually, im still gonna try and stretch the super narrow shoe to my perfect size although they didnt fit me perfect the blizzards, the way they feel on the feet is amazing... i fell in love i must admit... im hoping if i get the correct fitting they will be 10 out of 10 :)

So im gonna sell the ones i bought and buy the regular fitting... My shoe-project continues.. hope it gets to an end soon! :headwall::headwall:

17. dansa

dansa New Member

i totally agree. the heel is/feels lower then other brands.
    but i love RR for that. Heel feels perfect although its 3"... For instance my Aida shoes are 3" as well, but the heel really feels high and there are certain things which are not confortable to do in such high heel.. plus better for the feet...

18. liz

liz New Member

thanks latingal!

19. Natalka

Natalka Member

I wear the 3 inch in RR Cyclone and it is very comfortable.
    I had bought a pair of Dance Naturals in a 3.5 inch once and it was a mistake. It was way too hard to dance in that high of a heel and the ball of my foot was in awful pain!
    I have not tried a 3.5 inch in RR...

20. I normally wear 3" RR Cyclones as well and tried on the 3.5" ones at Worldtone (dropped down half a size in fitting) but decided that it wasn't worth my time to adjust to a higher heel height. The higher heel didn't change the comfort level for me, it just felt slightly different.