Ladies - favorite Latin shoe?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomboilergirl, Nov 16, 2003.

1. liz

liz New Member

I decided to order 3" RR drizzle. I they are like my current style. Ordered them yestarday.Will let you know how it turns out.

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Would love to hear liz!

3. liz

liz New Member

The next day the sent a notice of that they were being sent...Not sure how long it will take.

4. latingal

For me, usually a little more than a week.

5. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

supadance 1403- 2 and a half heel!:D:D

6. pinkstuff

pinkstuff Member

New pair of shoes bought today :D - on a mission and tried on everything with the aim of obtaining a good latin shoe not based on appearance of shoe and ended up with RR Sunrise. Blizzard (regular) were too narrow to realistically be an option without some added stretching and sunrise was slightly wider and so (I hope) will stretch to fit perfectly. Will probably find they expand too much :rolleyes:
    Only downside (and I didn't notice this until the end of my class) is that am at risk of little toe injury......

Also tried RR Earthquake/Monsoon (regular width) - they were wider and felt quite loose (and therefore comfortable ;) ). I have quite a wide foot as well.

7. dansa

dansa New Member

hmmm... interesting!
    so you would say that sunrise are slightly more wide then regular blizzards? thats good to hear since i really liked this model of shoe.
    instead of buying blizzards regular and stretch i will buy sunrise and stretch them instead since they seem to be a bit wider... like that i have less hassles... :)
    plus i always wanted to buy the sunrise rather the blizzards because it has more straps for the toes...

good good :)

8. pinkstuff

pinkstuff Member

" quote: plus i always wanted to buy the sunrise rather the blizzards because it has more straps for the toes... "

Just beware - my little toes are held at the base but the tops stick out (potentially) - I think once they stretch bit it will be ok. I have only used them once..but so far so good :D

9. liz

liz New Member

new shoes arrived yestarday...Sadly the straps across the toe area are to loose. I guess I have a skinny foot. They are such beautiful shoes. I am really bummed to send them back. I order them in size 7, I wear 9 street shoe. They seem to still have to much sole at toe area. Not sure if I will try another style. Which style of RR is the slimest at ball of the foot?

10. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

idk... i used to love the monsoons and my feet (esp my heel) are quite narrow... however, now the monsoons seem to fit wider and it is quite annoying...

11. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

Liz - I've tried all the RR latin shoes on and the most narrow style (in the ball of the foot) is the Blizzard.

12. Penny Lane

Penny Lane Member

I just started wearing a pair of Ray Rose Monsoon 3" heels and love them so far! They fit very snug and feel very sturdy and supportive. And there is a lot of flexibility for me to point my toes.

13. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

I love my Ray Rose Blizzards. I have a wide foot and wear the "Medium +" width. I love the way the knots in the center adjust as I wear the shoe and stretch the straps because it keeps them from wearing out. I tear up the satin in the inside ankles way before the straps :)

Where do you find this "Sunrise" style? I don't see it on the Ray Rose website.

14. http:// www rayrose.com/acatalog/Sunrise.html

15. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

I love my RR shoes! Never going back to Supadance again... used to have them and then they changed the heels to plastic and they changed the leather and they got SO wide and my foot just slipped through.

I really like the blizzard, but I go through them like socks.

16. latingal

That is the downside, I go through a pair every 6 weeks to two months. But given the comfort, flexibility, support and fit (and the fact that they have a wide model that will allow me to spread my toes and ball of foot in to the floor), I'll pay the extra dollars as long as it's not totally outrageous.

17. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

And with the current exchange rate, it's like getting two pairs of shoes for the price of one :D

18. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

I go through them about that fast, too. But lately I've started having some knee problems (I swear I'm too young for it!) and my partner suggested I go down to a lower heel for every day practice. He wears knee braces on both knees, so I listened! So now for most days I've traded my 3" Blizzards for 2" Snowflakes. Hopefully the solid vamp will last a little longer :)

19. latingal

except they raised the prices....not as much as the benefit of the exchange rate, but ah well....

20. latingal

You must take of foot and knee problems!

However I find that the difference in weight placement in lower shoes is enough that I do not do my normal practices in anything but the shoes I would wear for competitions. Perhaps switching off or making sure you were the height you will for comps in the last four weeks or so? Don't know, have never tried it.