Ladies - favorite Latin shoe?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomboilergirl, Nov 16, 2003.

1. chica latina

chica latina New Member

My straps on those shoes is also desintegrating by rubbing with the floor very fast.. I also find the satin straps to stretch too fast... I'm not a fan of the Ray Rose anymore and am also looking for a new shoe. International was good since I could order them narrow, but seem too stiff...

does anyone knows which is the most flexible shoe from the International Latin brand?
  2. canismajor41

canismajor41 Active Member

I've found Internationals to be too stiff in general. Supadance makes one of the supafit shoes (1403) in narrow and they are flexible like RR. Though I found it to be a bit more narrow than the blizzard on my feet (esp. the uppermost strap) so they weren't a perfect fit. Also, Paoul shoes are very flexible (with a slightly thicker sole) and they make narrow sizes as well. I like model 197 for the adjustable toe straps. I could actually fit into the regular size by adjusting the straps. Because I like a different heel cup with the ankle strap to go under the foot though, a local vendor is checking to see if they can make that shoe with the 170 model heel cup. Louise Wise is a vendor of these shoes on the East Coast. LouiseWiseDance dot com. Hope that helps.
  3. dansa

dansa New Member

just got my Sunrise shoes! wohoo im quite happy actually! :)
    they fit me perfectly, tight and nice. quite strange since my foot is quite wide, and i ordered the Normal Sunrise fitting. I thought since blizzards are really narrow, sunrise would be narrow too.. But i guess not!

i also like all the straps, cause the blizzards, really made my toes pop out all the time, which made it lose the fitting, but the sunrise really covers all the toes.

however i feel that Blizzards was much more softer and flexible when i got them, but still there isnt that much difference...

i just say that im very happy with this shoe! and i have had blizzards, carmen from rayrose and Karinas shoe from Aida, so quite some good stuff to compare with... :)
  4. DanceAngel

DanceAngel New Member

I'm glad you like your RR Sunrise.

I still like my Sunrise despite some of the complaints I made earlier about them.
  5. dancewi

dancewi Member

Hi!!!
    I read all 31 pages, but im still confused. :)
    i want to buy ray rose blizzard shoes, but as much as i understand they can be worn out really fast. i am not a pro, i dance like 3 times a week (every time 1 hour), so do you think they will worn out quickly?
    one more question. i wear us size 7, and the sizing chart says i have to buy uk size 5. but my friend bought like 3 sizes smaller.. so i don't know..
    does anyone wear blizzards (us size 7)? what uk size do you wear?
  6. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

My latin shoes are a whole size lower than what I would normally wear in a court or street shoe.. I am 5.5 UK for court, 4.5 UK for latin. If that helps at all...
  7. dancewi

dancewi Member

thank you Dance Joy!
    what US size (street shoes) do you wear? 7?
  8. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

For what it's worth, my US street shoe size is 6. I wear 3.5 UK in RR Blizzards and 4 UK in Supadance court shoes.
  9. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

7.5 :)
  10. dancewi

dancewi Member

thank you guys!
    i already ordered them from dance-shop. com
    the best price on the web.. and i like it :)
    im so excited to see them!!!
  11. PT2

PT2 New Member

Did they discontinue this style? I can't find it on their web site.
  12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

They have changed the names of the shoes over the past few years. Maybe someone who knows the old names, and what it compares to in the new names can answer this question for you.
  13. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I wish Elegance shoes were easier to come by. Last pair I ordered took forever, the heel was wrong, but returning them would be a gripe, so I wore them awhile anyway. Went to the site, and it seems that they've launched a subtle cold war against impostors, etc. I don't want drama, I just want shoes.
    stash likes this.
  14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I did a search on the web for old pics of the Sunrise model from RR. I found a picture and it looks like it was a shoe like the Blizzard but had 6 straps instead of 4.

The closest thing that I found on the RR website right now to the Sunrise is the Cloudburst, which is the Blizzard with 5 straps and sculptured heel cup (rather then a contoured one).
  15. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

I just saw RR now has some of their shoes with a slim heel. Ill be ordering one potentially soonish because I like the look of the slim more so than the flare honestly.
  16. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I wear the slim heels on my RR shoes; I love them because it gives a better look to the foot. However, the slim heels are very, very small - you do have to get used to have such a small surface to the heel. They are smaller then the Aida slim heels.
  17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Just gonna say I love my Supadance 1057s. They're awesome.
  18. Miss Silly

Miss Silly Active Member

I love me some slim heels :)