Ladies - favorite Latin shoe?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomboilergirl, Nov 16, 2003.

1. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Also, w w w.showtimedanceshoes.com usually has a fairly large selection on their sale page, if anyone's looking. :)
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yup. Gotta love thse special buys. 8)
  3. sunderi

sunderi New Member

I didn't take the time to read through the whole thread :oops: but my favorite rhythm shoes are International Nadia with a 2 1/2" heel.

My favorite smooth shoes are International ICS Superstar.

I used to wear Elegance, but I started getting an allergic reaction to the metal in the buckle. Anyone else ever heard of that?
  4. pygmalion

Really? :?

I've heard of allergic reactions to rings and earrings, but never shoe buckles. Bummer. :( What did you think of Elegance shoes, otherwise? I hear they're nice. A little pricey, but nice. Yes?
  5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

me, too! But I didn't have the allergic reaction problem; but I rarely wore them without panythose or knee hi's. I did have a problem, at the Empire State, where I was due on the floor in about 15 minutes and couldn't get the buckle to unbuckle. I had to go two doors down and knock on someone's door to help me get the shoe off. All I could think of was Michelle Officer and Eddie Simon when she had a shoe problem backstage and couldn't get out to the stage when they were calling the finalists and they were the first ones called....

I switched to International Melissa's. I love them, although it took quite an adjustment from the Elegance, which have thicker soles. I love the fat that I can get the Melissa's in an extra-narrow width and not have to wait 10 weeks like I did for the Elegance shoes.
  6. sunderi

sunderi New Member

Otherwise, I liked them a lot. They were very comfortable, and cute. :) (Both are important!)

The allergic reaction was really unfortunate. I got it even if I was wearing pantyhose! It was awful! The woman I talked to from Elegance said she'd never heard of it before. I have really sensitive skin, though, so I'm not surprised that if it was going to happen to someone, it'd be me. ;)

The only other thing I *didn't* like about my Elegance shoes was the color -- the tan was too light and pink for me.
  7. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

I really like the Dancesport International (not International Dance Shoes) Tan Satin Flexible Sandal. It's simple, and honestly the most comfortable latin shoe I've ever worn (and I've worn a lot of them!). DSI shoes don't last as long as ones I've had by International (my former brand), but they're not as expensive and worlds more comfortable. Not that they wear out particularly fast, but my International shoes lasted for about three years of hard dancing before they were done.

Anyway, that's my pick. Dancesport International (DSI) Tan Satin Flexible Sandal. So comfy!
  8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

All of my heels are Elegance. I didn't think they were any pricier than the Supadance shoes and all the shoes I purchased were on sale. The cheapest pair was $60!
  9. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

I have always had leather latin shoes, but since I bought a pair of Supadance in flesh satin, I love them!! They are still a bit tight around my toes, but dance shoes have always rubbed on my toes. They are so lightweight and flexible. I just have to be careful not to wear them too much because they get scuffed so easily. I've got spot cleaner to clean them, but don't want to use it too much because no matter how careful you are, the satin will fray if they are rubbed too much. And I want these to last FOREVER!!! :D
  10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I have one pair of satin Elegance shoes I have never worn(as our salsa scene died out here in May and I am practicing salsa shines these days COMFORTABLY in jazz flats!) but all the girls that I know that have used satin latin shoes say they wear out really easily. I opted for leather for all my other pairs.
  11. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

I have wide feet. I am currently wearing the two straps ajustable latin shoes by supadance, but they are NOT comfy! I have two pairs of latin shoes from capezio sofia wide width 2.5 inch, and they are deifnetely a better fit for me than my supadance. The only problem with those shoes is that their soles don't seem to last as long. But they are my favorite, and they are really comfy and easy to dance/walk in.
  12. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

My favorite would be Supadance 1413s in flesh satin.Love them. Its like they were made espescially for my feet. They are easily the most comfortable shoes I own (even when they arent broken in).
    They look very cute on too. I reserve this pair for competitions and exams though, worn them once for social dancing when I forgot (yes ME, I actually forgot!) my other pairs of shoes. Never wear them to practice.
  13. Roadrunner

Roadrunner New Member

I came across a website that makes dance shoes called the Star Dance Shop and that is where I got my first pair of "real" dance shoes after upgrading from my not so good practice shoe. I'm amazed at how well they have held up. The style is 160601, and they are definitely more latin than anything else but I can wear them for ballroom, swing, practice.. They are definitely my most comfortable shoes.

That being said.. A girl must have more than one pair of shoes :) So I alternate between the above, my practice shoes (by Capezio), and the Supadance 1208.
  14. dawnmaines

dawnmaines New Member

Who would have the best shoes for narrow feet?
    I saw one post that said you can get great deals on shoes in Narrow because they're always on sale at websites. Can anyone send me in the direction of these webistes? :D
  15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Elegance & Showtime. Just do a search.
  16. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Looks nice, Roadrunner :D

Their style 163001 looks very similar to the pair of shoes I've just ordered, except mine's closed toe with chunkier heels (salsa shoes rather than latin) and in contrasting colours. From Heavenly Dance Shoes in England -- I love their mix'n'match system. 8) Ready in 5 weeks. Can't wait!
  17. pygmalion

What do you consider salsa shoes rather than Latin, MM? No challenge. Just curious. 8)
  18. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I suppose there aren't clearly defined "salsa shoes" as such -- many girls dance salsa in ballroom latin shoes. I do think salsa dancers tend to prefer shoes with a wider heel base than what you get with typical latin shoes though. Just my personal impression.
  19. pygmalion

Cool. Thanks. 8)

I'm beginning to like a wider heel base, myself, but that really doesn't work for ballroom, IMO. :(
  20. amrimi

amrimi New Member

I think I haven't seen anybody in those kind of shoes for salsa around here most were sandals with flared heels or dance sneakers.