Ladies - favorite Latin shoe?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ballroomboilergirl, Nov 16, 2003.

1. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

The South! :D Charleston, SC to be specific, although I'm currently living in Nashville, TN for college.

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Cool! I'll keep your newfangled word in my word list! 8)

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hmm... Thanks for the info. I guess it must be something about the way that shoe is cut, then. *shrug*

4. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I just got to try on some Very Fine shoes, and I liked them! Good balance, nice padding! Great prices online. I got to find out what size I needed, 5 1/2 - I wear a 6 1/2 street shoe.

5. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Oog, I tried to process this whole thread but I don't think i succeeded. I'm in the marked for some smooth/standard shoes.
    From what I gathered:

1008 supadance is good but it stretches out after a while (should I put in a clear plastic strap?)
    Roma Freed good
    Supadance 1216 and 1012 good but don't stretch (is that bad?)

Any new thoughts?

I noticed that a lot of supadance court shoes have flared heels exclusively which seems odd as the slim heels are supposed to be better.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hockey tape works better than those clear straps...I like any supadance court shoe without a flare...I dont care for the romas...I thought I would but they dont stretch at all and pinch in the toe even though my foot is narrow....and the heel was gone in a flash and you cant put heel protestors on those babies

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Your Roma's didn't stretch? :?

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

nope...love my fruedian typo ...dont you? (heel protestors:rolleyes: )

9. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Yes! In fact, I was tempted to make some kind of joke about it.

10. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

I too currently use Supadance for smooth/standard and have been happy with them. For the past few years, I've also used Supadance for latin as well but have recently switched to Eckse for my latin shoes and are absolutely thrilled with them. (definately not going back to Supadance latin shoes) I'm curious though.... Has anyone out there tried any Eckse smooth/standard shoes? and what did you think of them?

11. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

now i have rey rose for latin with 3,5" heel - and for me. great.

and for ballroom i have freed of london. quit good.

now i have a question - do you wear socks ot tights when you are practicing or going on a competition??

because, i don't now is it only with my ballroom shoes, but they smell disgusting, and i put them evry day on a balcony.

12. Fizzipop

Fizzipop New Member

For Latin, I got a pair of bargainous Ray Rose 3.5in flare-heeled Monsoon shoes off ebay. Ah the memories: I remember the bidding was due to end during my first competition. I was so anxious that I ran back to my computer on returning to check if I'd won the auction - and I did! But another bidder had come dangerously close to beating my bid in the last few seconds.

I'd bought them because Ray Rose were my team's recommendation ('the Louboutin of Latin', I was told), but unfortunately I didn't know that they are really ideally catered for narrower feet. I love their shape - really beautiful - but my little toe keeps popping out of the front bit, which looks a bit silly. Still love them though :)

For ballroom, I have Supadance shoes (wide fitting... have annoyingly mega-wide feet) with a mary-jane strap. The inner sole is now completely destroyed, I have to smooth it down forcibly before popping my foot in!

13. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Hi fizzipop - welcome to DF :)

I have terribly wide feet too and now use both Supadance and International. I get inserts from the pharamcy and cut them for the bulges on my feet - it makes them more comfortable and protects the insole (not to mention you can throw them away if they start to get pongy ;)).

14. Fizzipop

Fizzipop New Member

Thanks for the welcome! :) That's a good idea about the inserts elisedance - although does that mean you have to buy shoes a little too big, to allow for the space taken up by them?

I don't have bulgy feet... they just stretch across like one large land mass, haha. Like a wide rectangle. I hate them!

15. Bella

Bella New Member

JUST got my Ray Rose Blizzards and I loooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Special thanks to Sambagirl for her advice on shoes for narrow feet, and dansa for her thread/posts on shoes!!!!

PS - If you're looking to order shoes... get it through Worldtone! I ordered mine a couple days ago and WHAM, they're on my doorsteps! :)

16. Bella

Bella New Member

Have you tried Internationals? Their shoes are wider than most brands... I can't wear them...

17. Fizzipop

Fizzipop New Member

Hmm, no I haven't! That sounds interesting. I'll definitely track them down to try!

One thing that irked me about my Supadances are that although a 4W fit my toes, I got crazy blisters on the backs of my heels from the rubbing. Even gel heel strips did little to alleviate it... in the end I just waited for the skin to thicken up! If Internationals will stop that, then they're definitely worth a shot...!

18. Bella

Bella New Member

You're welcome! I think we've all had experiences with blisters! Actually there's a whole thread about it! Use the search engine to find other threads on shoes, more specifically on blisters, and I'm sure you'll find some helpful tips! Dance Forums will become a great resource for you! :)

(lol, I used exclamation points for every sentence, I must be having a great day! ;))

19. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

Glad you like them! Only drawback is, you no longer can blame the shoes. :)

20. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

*grin* I still try that one once in awhile!