Larinda's "Missing" Dress

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Larinda McRaven, Apr 13, 2008.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

GoodLuck on this larinda. Sorry I'm in no position to help. With mom making costumes, candefinitely identify with the frustration though. Know df will help if we can. :)

2. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Good luck! You might want to put a note in the sticky thread explaining how others with stolen costumes can post their information (if they can).

3. dressgirl

dressgirl New Member

the Fortuna's knew about my missing dresses the sec. it was discovered. Announcements were made in the ballroom. Larinda's went missing the week before in Baltimore.

As to making it again. No. Honestly, the coral dress was just a different one of a kind dress. The White........too many shots of Lisa dancing in it. No point to repeating.

The dresses were taken 4/12 at 1:30am as noted on video. We have shot which hopefully will be released to us of the person with the dresses in her arms walking out of the booth. We will be publishing it in DanceBeat.

And don't think that we won't install GPS in the gowns. Or haven't already:).

We are arranging for video at all booths. I am sure the YOU ARE BEING WATCHED signs at the booth in WI are shocking a few people, but that is my new reality.

4. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

I'll make a point of checking out the consignment area at Blackpool. I'll keep an eye out for Larinda's dress (and dressgirl's).

5. Borbala_Bunnett

Borbala_Bunnett New Member

And two more to add to the lineup... One of the airlines lost my checked bag that had two gowns in it - a peppermint smooth dress, and a red rhythm. Neither are mine, which makes the whole misplaced bag thing that much worse. Given that it was a direct flight with plenty of time for the bag to make it on the plane from the check-in desk I'm a bit worried that the suitcase grew legs.

Here are pictures - perhaps the collective mojo and goodwill of DF will help them find their way back to me (and then their rightful owners). Also, please keep your eyes out for them in second-hand lineups - just in case someone opened the suitcase and the dresses are now on their way to the market...

Peppermint and diamonds:
    Peppermint and Diamonds Front.jpg

Red latin / rhythm:
    Red lat frnt.jpg

Thank you!

6. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Communicating this could work right at the top of the thread, including whatever method is going to be used to inform the moderators of what info and pictures needs to be posted. :cool:

7. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

That's terrible

8. Cashmere

Cashmere New Member

good luck to all those with missing dresses. I will be at dancing a la carte comp in May and if I spot any I will let y'all know.

I'm so sorry this happened to you and I hope y'all get your dresses back. It's just awful.

If I might say, all your dresses are so beautiful.

People think I'm wierd for locking up stuff, protecting my stuff, becuase I'm a bit complusive obssessive on it but now I feel normal after reading all the horror stories.

9. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Borbala... did the bags come back w/o the dresses? Or are the bags also still in LaLa Land?

10. Borbala_Bunnett

Borbala_Bunnett New Member

Hi Larinda,

At this point the entire suitcase is in la-la land. I have no reason to suspect foul play, but after having read the rest of the thread I'm just being proactive in posting the pictures *in case* the dresses walk (or walked) out of the bag.

B.

11. Mandicraft

Mandicraft Active Member

Well if your bag doesn't turn up, might I suggest a trip to the Unclaimed Baggage Center in Scottsboro, Alabama....because that's where it will end up if the bag didn't walk out on it's own.

12. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I think this is the link:

www . unclaimedbaggage . com

13. Larinda McRaven

we are so resourceful....

14. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

I am so sorry about the dresses. I always leave mine just in the dressing room with no supervision. My thinking was how in the world can you hide the custom made dress? It would be so easy to spot during next competition. I am on the watch for all of yours with the camera.

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Meaning Los Angeles, or meaning in limbo?

16. Al Gisnered

Al Gisnered Member

In common usage, references to Los Angeles are generally styled with caps: La La Land or La-la land or some such. Limbo gets lower case: la la land or variants.

17. Larinda McRaven

an east coaster might not be familiar with such regional slang...

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

...let alone our many members not from the US. ;)

19. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Being such an impeccable perfectionist, Sandy Fortuna will certainly hate to hear that a major theft occurred in her competition, and will no doubt do her best to resolve this theft. Over the yrs, I've bought a number of shirts, e.g., Dance America brands from Dore, and also have been eyeing several other items. I hope those of my future items did not disappear.

20. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Nor the quite-common-nowadays habit of not capitalizing words that should be capitalized...