Last.FM

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by WaltzElf, Nov 27, 2008.

1. WaltzElf

WaltzElf New Member

Anyone else signed up with Last.FM?

I finally got around to creating an account - http://www.last.fm/user/WaltzElf

If we can all friend up (or perhaps even create a Dance Forums group), it'll be a really good resource for sharing music ideas for our dancing!
  2. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

3. WaltzElf

WaltzElf New Member

It's a music site. Basically what you do is sign up, and download a small (5mb) piece of software. It installs to the computer, then, when you play a song on iTunes, windows media player etc, it registers that you've played the song on your Last.FM profile. It then creates charts and such information for visitors.

Your profile then shows anyone who visits what your favourite/ most played songs are, where they can buy the music from, and sometimes lets them have a listen to the song to see if you like it as well.
  4. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

ok totally loving this site. finding all the cool 80s music. woot woot!
  5. WaltzElf

WaltzElf New Member

Sign up yourself, download the software, so we can see what music you listen to day in, day out :)
  6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

don't think I want everyone to monitor my listening. I like the privacy - but is that in itself becoming old fashioned? I mean, has it now become desirable to share everything that we do and all our opinions and privacies?