latin dress

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by Katarzyna, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I wish i was doing some latin. I want to know what people think of this dress... If i danced latin it would have been mine months ago. although it's pricey for the amount of stones.. it's one of my favourite latin dresses I've seen... they've had it for a while now...

dancesportballgowns.com/gallery_blackwrap.html
  2. DeltaVim

DeltaVim New Member

Nice...! Go for it. Or at least file the idea away.
  3. Katarzyna

I dont' do latin though.. but this dress makes me want it.. it might not be ideal for someone else, different hight etc, but this one would be so me... it would be perfect. If only I did latin... grrrrr... maybe I could Squeeze some latin practice in before work at 8:30 am :)
  4. DeltaVim

DeltaVim New Member

Problem solved :)
  5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Stupid question...how in hell do you make the skirt part not fall off, especially with all of the sharp motion in Latin? I mean, it's well below waist/hip level, which I could see helping to hold it up.

I keep seeing these beautiful costumes, on beautiful women, and they're sitting well below waist level...and all i can think to myself is, "What feat of chemistry and/or engineering makes it stay on like that?"
  6. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

It's attatched to the underwear. And when you're skinny and gorgeous, you can have it tight enough to not fall down without creating bulges.

That's how I've seen it accomplished, anyway.
  7. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Mmmm....looks like you gotta' be a bit statuesque to wear this dress. Me, I'd look like a head and some toes poking out from under a huuuuuge black fabric bag. *sigh*
  8. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Skinny, gorgeous and have 3% body fat....those rolls won't go away on me for a loooooong time.
  9. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Gods I want this dress! :shock: It's... it's... EXACTLY the type of dress I love!
    Though it needs some bling. I do think it's overpriced - there are too few stones on it! Okay, choker and wristband are included, but it's still overpriced.
    But even so... I WANT it!
    Good one, Kat. I don't know how you managed to find that one.

T_E
  10. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

From the same site: dancesportballgowns.com/gallery_redorangeriot.html
    Isn't it a great two-piece? Great site, Kat. Love ya. :D

T_E
  11. redhead

redhead New Member

I think the bling would spoil the effect. I love it the way it is.
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

looove it...but only if her back comes with it
  13. Katarzyna

they had a really nice standard dress ones, I find any standard dress :)
  14. Katarzyna

I think it would look better on someone with a little bit more fat, I feel she is too skinny for so much open back actually..
  15. Katarzyna

I htink so too, it's just so elegant like this.. and it PERFECT for my non latin dancign body :(
  16. Katarzyna

It's nice too :) I like the black one more though. don't ask me why.. I've been looking at the black dress for over 8 months I believe... It's probably one of my favourites... that and the one edyta wore in rumba i think in dwts last season.. :)
  17. Dancebug

Dancebug Active Member

I think it is a very nice dress for rumba. I am not sure how it would look for other Latin dances, though.
  18. Katarzyna

All I could fake is a rumba, so it's still perfect :) I think it will work for all but samba and jive
  19. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

That dress is fabulous. I love it. And i definitely think it's over priced.
  20. Katarzyna

that's probaby why it didn't sell yet.