Latin Shoe Recommendation

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by BallroomDancer4Life, Jan 16, 2013.

1. BallroomDancer4Life

BallroomDancer4Life New Member

Happy New Year!

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on comfortable, good quality and supportive Latin dance shoes. The shoes that I compete in now are just not that comfortable and I don't feel like they are giving me very much support. I wear a US size 4 1/2 or sometimes a 5. I would like the heel to be at least 3 inches and in a dark tan. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The Latin shoes that I wear now are Very Fine. Thank you so much!

Michelle
  2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Well, there are lots of shoe threads on here...and what do you mean by 'support'? Supadance has, IME, harder soles/shanks. However they can take longer to break in.
    Jananananana likes this.
  3. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Welcome to DF Michelle! On the top right corner, you'll see a search bar and if you type in what you're looking for, you're most likely to find it. Like danceronice said, this topic has been beaten to death over and over again on here. :D
  4. bluebereft

bluebereft Member

I'm not sure about ladies' shoes, but my girlfriend and I both use Ray Rose. We used to wear Supadance and Freed (for ballroom), but once we tried on a pair of Ray Rose shoes, we never looked back. We've been wearing Ray Rose for both standard and latin for the past 3 years.
  5. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

The one thing about Ray Rose (at least for Standard)--if you're a lady and you don't have a narrow foot, don't even bother trying them on. They run narrow.
  6. BallroomDancer4Life

BallroomDancer4Life New Member

Thank you for your suggestions. I will check out Ray Rose and Supadance. Danceronice, as far as support, I want a shoe that has a good sole and a shoe that has some padding on the inside. Thank you also, Jananananana for the tip on how to search for what I am looking for.