Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

There have been some serious topics in the whining thread lately and I read that some DFers are no longer comfortable posting their trivial whines there, which was the initial intent of the thread.

So I thought I would start a new thread for people with more serious issues in their lives right now... and fellow DFers can support each other.

Much love to all of you! *hugs*

TC, would be appropriate to move some of those "serious whines" over here??

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think it is fine to leave them...but I also think this is an excellent idea

3. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Good one, TD. There are a lot of us, for instance, that have at least one family member going through cancer right now. *hugs*

4. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

TD, Great idea. I did feel a bit :???: posting about my own dad in the whining thread. I wouldn't call what we and many others are going through out there a 'whine'.

Anyway, my dad's home tonight from hospital so he's in bed resting now. At least my mum can rest without driving miles to hospital..

How's your dad doing?

5. GoldStar

GoldStar Member

My dad is doing great. But he think my dancing is just a temporary madness.
    He pays for one private lesson a week but after he said to me:
    "It looks madness to me to pay for private dancing lessons so be sure I will end it some day".

I will be recruited for the IDF (Israel Defences Forces) next year to protect and serve my country.
    Soldier in Israel gets something like 105$ for a month, and any private lesson I take cost me 42$.
    Even though I dance for only a year now (I'm 18 ),
    I decided to put Blackpool as a life goal (for only Standard dances) which seems to be again and again as an only a dream.

In addition, I don't dance the International Std which I so like to watch others dancing it
    but I dance American Smooth & Rythm in Arthur Murray studio.
    I love my teacher, I love my studio and my teacher thinks she found me a great looking partner.
    It feels like home there and it is so hard to decide what to do,
    to start dancing the International which I absolutely prefer or to stay where I am.

To enjoy and think about the present or going after the big dream? I guess only the experience in the both ways will tell.
    Money, well, I will find a way, I hope so. But I can't see the way that I will have money for more than a private lesson a week.
    I practice hard, I think the hardest in my studio (the other teachers said my progress is unbelieveble), I watched and still watching
    I belive hundreads of videos and lectures about dancing, I feel like the fact I dance it in the Arthur Murray way is holding me back, but again,
    it still feels like home and I still have a great progress (that is what they say. I trust them but you can't never know if it is just a way to make me pay more).

6. TinyDancer109

That's Great to hear FD!! Hopefully he (and your mom) will get more strength being able to rest in the comfort of his own home.

My dad is hangin in there. As optimistic as always. still laid up at home (and a little achey) but now he is able to get up from the couch or chair on his own. I have a week off between Christmas and New year's, so i will stay home with him then. :)

I got pushed down under the water again last night tho... took my kitty to the doc and he says her tumor (which WAS shrinking) is now bigger than when we originally discovered it. i am so disheartened by this. The doc says it might be because we waited a while to give her the next round of chemo... so we gave her another round last night. I am sure lots of people think i am crazy with the amount of money, treatments, and personal time that i give to care for her, but she doesn't seem to be in pain, so i will try my best as long as this is the case.

7. TinyDancer109

thanks, Ray! *hugs*

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Wow. Just read the last two pages of the whining thread.
    A couple things. One. Thanks for starting this thread. And two. I don't know what else to say or do, other than offer massive hugs to the DFers who are dealing with enormous stress and strain right now. Many of us are, including me, are dealing with big, ugly problems right now. You are not alone.

Anything else I can think to say sounds cliched to me, so I won't. But you aren't alone.

9. GoldStar

GoldStar Member

I hope that both of your family members will be healthy soon. I really do.

Life is hard but still, a great gift :)

10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Hats off to your service to your country, GoldStar. Life can indeed be so hard, especially for those who have seen the horror of something like war. And yet from such hardship, it's inspiring to see someone make it through with soul and dignity intact...

11. pygmalion

I have a couple friends who spent their national service in the Israeli Navy. This would have been quite a few years ago, since they're both in their late forties. It was tough, even though, to hear them tell it, there were no major conflicts during their time in service.

The up side? They met in the service and married not long after. A successful two-decade marriage, a successful business, and three happy kids later, they're doing just fine. :-D

12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Also, GoldStar, I hope that you will continue to pursue your dream...

13. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

See relationship thread.

14. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yeah, that realm can very challenging!

15. pygmalion

Which one?

16. TinyDancer109

Thanks pyg and Goldstar!

I think pygmalion brings up an interesting point that sometimes from the darkness comes light.

Good luck in your decision Goldstar.

ww, i will have to read up on that.

17. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Oh. pyg's Dating advice thread.

18. TinyDancer109

just read it, ww. sounds messy. :( sorry to hear.

19. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

My family doesn't deserve this. My brother, who was only in remission as of six months ago, is struggling to put on weight. At thanksgiving he still looked gaunt and ill even though he's eating a fairly specific diet and going to the gym as per the regimen set by his doctors. And my dad is at the point of no return - if he doesn't get a bone marrow transplant, he dies. He is too old for a regular transplant, so it has to be reduced-intensity, which is more likely to fail, and if it fails, he dies.

20. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Sorry, so sorry to hear that, Katherine...