Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. AMeader

AMeader New Member

I know how scary falls can be, I'm sending big hugs your way

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

katherine...I am so sorry

3. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I'm sorry katherine. I know it must be scary for all of you. Hugs...

4. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind words of sympathy. The support helps more than you could ever know.

This rings with me because my mother and i always said that we were going to dress Diamond up for my wedding day and include her in the pictures. I really wish I could have had that.

So sorry for everyone who has lost a pet. Growing up with Diamond was a blessing and I am so grateful to have had her in my life. My heart literally aches for her and i feel like there is a big hole in my life.

Katherine, sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

5. TinyDancer109

Found out my best friend has thyroid cancer last week - she is 24. Fortunately, the doc says after it is surgically removed (today), she will recover and live as if it never happened. So glad it is a commonlu non-agressive cancer and easily handled.

starting to try to piece my life back together a little bit again. Of course I am not out of the woods with several issues in my life right now, but I am trying to start living a bit more normally again now that i dont have a sick kitty to take of (not that i EVER considered it a burden - i was more than happy to do it).

Daddy is still doing his chemo treatments and my uncle doing his. and my grandma is stable. and my BFFL will be ok. I have a lot to be grateful for. So all that i can do is try to live life as normally and happily as possible for now.

I began being more physically active over the weekend again and have done so every day since (ballroom practice/lessons, ballet, zumba, etc.). i think it has helped me a lot in the process. i still cry every now and then, but feeling healthy definitely softens the sadness. I haven't felt this healthy in quite some time, and i am beginning to feel the emotional peace settling in.

I have felt so much love and support from family and friends (including my fellow DFers), and i am so very blessed.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

tiny ...that is a great perspective...and you are making great choices...physical activity was just about the only refuge for me when I was losing my mom...it really helped...and since things are stable right now, perhaps you will be able to rejuevenate a bit...you only have to get through one day at a time...my very best to you

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm sending you some positive thoughts, as well, TD109. I truly admire your choice to focus on the positive. Fasc is right. One day at a time. You can do this one day at a time.

8. TinyDancer109

thanks fasc and pyg. yes, rejuvenation is the goal.

9. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

They've pushed the hospital stay back a week. They think he might have come out of the remission and they won't be able to do the transplant if that is true. We'll find out the results of the latest biopsy by friday and I guess we'll go from there.

10. TinyDancer109

Good luck Katherine! i am sure i speak for other DFers when i say our hearts are with you and your fam.

11. pygmalion

You certainly speak for me, at least. Hugs and prayers, Kat. :friend:

12. pygmalion

I hope all"s well

13. TinyDancer109

Ditto!

BF's grandfather fell down the stairs and passed away this past weekend (90 yrs old). Will be attending his wake and funeral tomorrow and Thursday. I hope the wintry storm doesn't get too bad for the safety of everyone attending. And for the burial.

14. katherinejh

katherinejh Member

I'm sorry for your loss, TD (and TD's BF).

Unfortunately, all is not well here either. I had to take my dad into the ER last night per his NP's request because of his constant headaches and vomiting. After eight very long hours with a immune-suppressed man in a packed waiting room, they found that there is swelling in his brain, probably from the concussions from the falls. My mom and I switched places at about one am and I drove home, and he was admitted at about three. Now we're not sure if I should even try to drive back to the hospital because we're in the middle of the huge storm like everyone else in the US.
    He has GOT to stop getting sick during blizzards, lol.

15. pygmalion

I'm so sorry, katherine.

Do you have any idea what they're going to do about the brain swelling? ( My brother almost died from a severe brain injury several years ago and I know how tricky they can be. )

16. TinyDancer109

So sorry to hear Katherine. Please keep us updated.

17. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

I just found out I was passed over for all the jobs I recently interviewed for. They all said it was because I've spent too much time out of work. I was really hopeful because I felt I had great interviews with them.. unfortunately, I think it's time to give up on my career and move on. I'm disappointed that I wasted so much time and money for nothing. I just don't know where to go from here.

18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Really, really sorry to hear that, WW...

19. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Hugs TD and katherine. Stay safe, you can't take care of others if you don't take care of yourselves first.

20. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Katherine, good thoughts--and stay put if the weather's bad. We're bracing for the snowpocalypse here (we already cancelled our evening lecture tomorrow--our volunteers and not a few of the people who usually come are 'seasoned citizens' and the idea of them being on the roads in the winds we're due to get..) and if you don't have to get there, stay home. It won't help if you're stuck in a ditch.