Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, SF. I was wondering about you but didn't want to pry.

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

And while my RLS is an ongoing medical issue I'm not having to use the medication I was given as much.

3. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

oh my god, I had Tanya as a friend when I was originally on FB - I closed my account but re-opened recently and slowly re-adding people. I'll mesage her now. Thank you for letting us know.

Sorry to hear about your loss WW.

You are all in my thoughts :(

4. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

I don't know if you guys heard about the hospital shooting in Pittsburgh (just a couple miles from where I live), it's national news but you can find it on wpxi.com main page. I just heard that the victim was 25 and recently engaged to a nurse at the adjacent hospital. So incredibly sad. If you pray, please mention the families and those affected in your prayers.

5. pygmalion

Wow! I'm so sorry to hear that. Will do.

6. wonderwoman

7. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

I did hear about it. How awful. And according to the article, his sister was slain in a domestic dispute at age 26. Can you imagine?

8. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

wow, just read this thread, my deepest sympathy to Tanya and her family!!!

9. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

10. Spitfire

Another cold; third time in as many months. That has never happened before. Just doing nothing than read and use this computer.

I do suspect that I picked it up at a dance; that is a good time and place to catch something with all the people and close contact that comes with dancing. Shall we say "recreational hazard?"

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sometimes after a stressful period in life, immunity is lower....hoping you bounce back soon

12. Spitfire

Hmmm, must be it...

13. fascination

just a possibility :).....been there, done that, bought a bottle of flintstones chewables with extra C...two a day for big girls :)

14. Spitfire

Fluids, particularly OJ, a little rest, some Nyquil helps me.

15. fascination

yep...i pretty much stay on gatorade and vitamin water, apply vicks and bengay to everything allowable and sleep whenever I am not at work or dancing...and if I cannot sleep, nyquil is the first line of defense

16. wonderwoman

Well... last night, I made a huge step in the direction of repairing my life. I'm happy, and relieved, to have gotten over the anxiety of putting myself out there.. although I didn't stand and introduce myself and I still want to tonight.. and it is so good to feel understood, as I listen to others speak. This isn't going to be a fun journey to go on... I'm finding myself very ticked off at the way things are, and wishing they were different, but at least there's now a flicker of hope that I'll be okay.

Sorry about the vagueness. A lot of shame goes with it and I can tell very few in real life.

Eta: It was voluntary, nothing happened that forced me to go, other than feeling that it was the only thing to do :)

17. Spitfire

Glad to hear that WW! :D

18. pygmalion

Glad to hear you're on the mend, ww. It may be a long, hard road, but you are worth every step you take. *hug*

19. wonderwoman

Thank you :)

20. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Good on you, WW. *hugs*

Hoping for the best for you :D