Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. toothlesstiger

toothlesstiger Well-Known Member

Congratulations on taking a big step.

2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

ATM, I just want to be anyone other than who I am. This will pass...

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Oh my, my, mother called to tell me a cat she has been feeding became pregnant and disappeared for awhile. She discovered the cat in the planter box with five kittens. Will have to decide what to do.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

kitttttttties!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

5. Spitfire

My mom puts out food for these cats that have been coming around, she has one cat of her own. I would not be surprised if my sister ends up taking them though, but will see.

6. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

aww!!! thank your mother for taking care of the mother and kittens for me! :)

7. Spitfire

Mother cat has moved with kittens to another spot; don't know where. Hope they can find a good home.

8. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Mommy with kittens tend to go "under" a porch or deck for protection and from the elements. I love kittens.!

9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Those of you who pray, please pray for my GF. She's a single Mom who fell for a man who was separated (aka married.) When she broke it off with him, he started stalking her and now she's in fear for her life.

10. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

wow...this too shall pass,he can't do it for ever! I have a stocker too, weird thing, it frightens you. in my case it's a girl that was in my dance class but she only attacks me when I'm in the gym. At the end of the day, instead of frightened I felt sorry for her, cos she's not in her right mind.

11. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

From what I can tell, grandma is getting worse. I think she's having trouble keeping food down, and she's tired an awful lot.

I'm not entirely sure how I can deal with this.

12. pygmalion

One day at a time.

13. fascination

be okay with her not eating...when a body is slowing down food feels really awful to process...maybe also reflect and write about the most meaningful part of her legacy to you...what you have learned from her...and share that...

14. Lioness

Thanks

I have a couple of main worries...one is that my dad is burying his head in the sand, and is either not asking or not sharing any information about how serious things are. Mum can't ask because she's not genetically related. I could ask, but I don't know who to ask. I don't really trust dad to give an honest and unbiased medical summary.

Second is that, well, I'm probably the family member who visits her most. I go once a week. What if I show up one day, and she's just died at home? I have no idea how to deal with that...what to do if it happens. I realised today that that's a quite real possibility.

Also going to be getting myself promptly tested for hemochromatosis, because that's a cause of liver cancer, and it's genetically inherited.

15. fascination

if she has already died, that is not an emergency...you call family and you call her funeral home...and you hug her and you wait for the funeral home to arrive....

if she is dy-ing, you find out if she wants emergency care...beware that in the US, if she has no advanced directives available, they will attempt to rescuitate, which is very violent...if she is on hospice, you call hospice....if your family is in denial, you don't have much choice but to put up with that choice...if you feel like you can ask grandmum what she wants if she gets sicker or if she has told someone what she wants, you can do that...hug to you....

16. fascination

if you are ever in a dilemma related to this please always feel free to contact me

17. pygmalion

Yeah. Hugs, L. *sigh*

18. Lioness

Thanks guys. I have no idea what her medical stuff is doing at the moment. I will have a talk to mum, and then a talk to dad, because while dad is burying his head in the sand, I realise that she probably doesn't have much longer.

19. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I can't hug you enough. Kisses and hugs my sweetie. :kissme:

20. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

much love being sent your way, L!