Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I have a stawker. She goes to the same gym where I go everyday. She dances at my group class. She must be scizophrenic. She hears voices and starts screaming at me out of the blue. She even did that behind a shower. She verbally attacked me 5 times so far. Yesterday it was so bad. She stopped the class out of the blue to scream that I am looking for a knife to kill her. She never was as crazy as that and skared me to death. I am now reporting her officialy to the gym owners following my teacher's official report. I will call the police next time. I have to. I owe it to myself. This has gone too far for too long.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yikes. Please be careful.
  3. chomsky

everyone keeps telling me the same thing. There is nothing more I can do about it pygmalion...The only thing would be to live the gym. I don't want to because that's where my dance class is and I cannot leave that for the life of me.
    The good thing is I realized how much people love me. The other good thing is I realized being tolerant towards her insanity was too bad for me and for her cos she went even crazier.I just hope she is not a computer nurd and unmasks my annonymity at this forum too. Now, I am the one who is getting scizophrenic...
  4. pygmalion

Relax. You've done what you can. *hug*
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

she would be immediately banned and the post would be deleted...but try not to make it bigger than it is for now...and never be around her alone
  6. chomsky

thanks for the kind words f! (I am always around her alone in the gym and I go there on a daily basis, I can't help it. ) Okay, life is hard. No one ever said it was going to be easy.
  7. pygmalion

There's a difference between hard and dangerous. f is right. Is there any way to avoid being alone with her?
  8. chomsky

after your previous post and f's I made up my mind. I quit my gym and my dance class. No more group lessons, no more friends, no more having a place to hang out 24/7. I am frustrated I had to sacrifice a huge part of my life. However, my body made me realize how big the risk was as I have been experiencing many psychosomatic problems and the past two days urgent health issues that might require medical assistance if things don't change. So, I had to listen to my body, no way. My friends and family were preoccupied and kept telling me the same thing..."be careful, don't stay alone with her, etc". Having you pygmalion and you fascination repeat the same things was what changed my mind. If, even you said the same that means I couldn't pretend I'm in control anymore. How can anyone be in control of someone who hears voices in the first place? Many thanks for your words that changed the way I behave; DF has been a refuge for me almost a year now. This community has always helped me not in a virtual but in a real way. Kisses and hugs!!!
  9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

if your friends are your friends, you will not lose them....my hope is that you can find other venues until you feel it safe to return...which would only be if this woman diasappears/gets treatment and/or you aren't alone and/or you have involved the police....be safe...otherwise nothing else matters
  10. chomsky

thanks fascination. safety comes first, it took me two days to realize I was going to quit my life there. Life is just hard but there's light at the end of the tunnel. I think it's change that is hard more than anything else.
  11. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

i am not sure what the laws are like in your country but can't you file for a restraining order?
  12. DL

DL Well-Known Member

...whatever that's worth...

ETA
    Not to minimize the suggestion. But, I've heard that theory and practice aren't always in perfect alignment for this sort of thing. (No personal experience, though.)
  13. chomsky

Yes, that's the one thing I'm thinking of doing. So far, she hasn't got my address she only hunts me down at the gym where I spend 4 hours per day. I wrote a letter of complaint to the gym and will be taking things further if needed but hopefully that won't be necessary. It drains your energy- that's what it does.Thank god, someone suggested something to me yesterday that made sense;she is probably obsessed with our teacher and that's why she targeted me seeing that I am his friend and she isn't.So, she's freaked me out with her insanity...(I'm talking scenes in the shower from psycho no exaggeration...) but thank god I can make sense of why she's targeted me now.
  14. chomsky

you are indeed rigth about theory and practice...
  15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Dad rang earlier today...

"How's your car going...oh, and by the way, grandma's probably got less than a month, if that."

:(
  16. chomsky

Hang on...
  17. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

*hug* just try to cherish every moment left and tell her everything you want her to know.
  18. pygmalion

Yes. And listen to her.
  19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Grandma went into hospital tonight...I went to see her a couple of hours ago.

She got a lot worse, very quickly...when I arrived she was only partially conscious, confused, and repeating herself. She was aware that we were there, but she wasn't well at all. She's very jaundiced, and very sick.

I went, I said goodbye, but I don't want to wait with her however many hours it will take for her to die. That could be all night. It could be tomorrow sometime. But I don't really want to be there when it happened. I've said goodbye to her, and she said goodbye to me. That's enough, for now.

Hoping that when the time comes, it will be relatively easy for her. I don't predict her lasting any more than 24 hours.
  20. pygmalion

I am so sorry, L. *hug*