Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

wannabee...yes, this will be a long slow walk toward something that feels okay again...and my deep prayers that will eventually find a way to walk with this very sad trauma and loss...please always feel free to pm me if you ever need to chat

2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Your sweet daddy...I hope he recovers soon. He was there next to him, the minute he left this world. My condolences, wannabee.

3. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Dad's most recent scan came back with dark news. He has a 3rd tumor deep in the brain now. They can do surgery to improve mobility but he might not survive it and it wouldnt prolong his life anyway.

Doctors say he has about a month. Maybe a little more or less. I will be taking a leave of absence from work to be with him now. I'm distraught.

4. fascination

Tiny...wishing you a cloud of comfort, protection, and strength as you navigate this difficult yet sacred time....it is the greatest gift you can give your dad....don't second guess yourself, and just do the best that you can....

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

TD, I am so sorry to hear that. We will remember you in our prayers.

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I am deeply sorry to hear that TD. You and your family will be in my prayers as well.

7. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Thank you everyone. The doc is preparing to tell him tomorrow. We (most of my family except one of my brothers) don't want to tell him but the doc insists. It will break his optimistic spirit.

8. fascination

he has a right to know....and to grieve...hug

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

You can never tell TD. People surprise us by how they respond, sometimes. My prayers will be with you. As you are taking time off from work your dad is lucky! He will have someone by his side to savor and maximize the time he has left.

10. fascination

well..no offense...lucky is a bit of a stretch...that being said, it is true that sometimes patients are releived when the pretense is over ...sometimes they feel obligated to keep it up for others...certainly it will be difficult...I will pray that it will be graced and consoling

11. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this TD. What an amazing gift to give your dad, your company while he goes through this. My prayers will be with you and your entire family. There are no words that will ease your pain, but just know that we are thinking of you. *HUGS*

chomsky likes this.
  12. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

same here.

13. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

NU sophomore found dead in Wilmette Harbor. D*mn it all to hell, what is wrong with this world?

14. fascination

I believe my daughter knew this student....was in the same dorm last year....very disturbing....very sad....glad we are going in for a visit tomorrow

15. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

We're planning on doing the game tomorrow.

16. fascination

will look for you

17. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Tiny I wish you all the peace and comfort I can muster right now, and your Dad too. We are all here for you.

TinyDancer109 likes this.
  18. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Section 129, Row 38 if you get over that way.

19. fascination

we don't have tickets yet, but I will write that down and look for you....haven't left home yet...had to work

20. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I mentioned earlier that I have Restless Leg Syndrome; I'm actually participating in a study on RLS that is being done at a local research clinic. A medication is being tested in lower doses for the treatment of RLS. I've been given three bottles of tablets and am to take one from each before bedtime. At least one is suppose to be the drug and at least one a placebo, or all three could be a placebo, the doctor and staff don't even know which is which. Began taking them two nights ago and it is effective and helps me to sleep better as well, but the most amazing thing is an elevated mood when I get out of bed in the morning, I've been pretty gloomy in the mornings as of late, but none since taking these tablets. The drug in question is Gabapentin which I understand is actually used my mental patients, but also for RLS; so maybe it has mood elevating properties? And I get paid 50 dollars for every appointment.

Sagitta and fascination like this.