Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Wannabee

Wannabee Active Member

We'll be thinking of you cornutt. Like Pygm said, I'm sure it's the doctors being cautious. She's going to be ok. I know it's hard not to worry, and I've found it doesn't do much good anyway. Keep us updated. I'm sure things will go smoothly today.
    cornutt likes this.
  2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Thank you. She's in surgery now. From what the doctor told me, they should be done about an hour from now.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

4. cornutt

Thanks, gal. They just told me the doctor is on the way to talk to me. (That in itself doesn't mean anything; it's routine at this hospital.)
  5. cornutt

She's out of surgery and everything went fine. The doctor said she is positive that there was no malignency, although it will be biopsied anyway.
    singndance, Spitfire and fascination like this.
  6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Good to hear Cornutt. I have been praying for both you and your DW and will continue to do so for a positive confirmation from the biopsy.
    cornutt likes this.
  7. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that cornutt.
    cornutt likes this.
  8. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I'm so glad cornutt! I just saw this, you are both over it now, well done!
    cornutt likes this.
  9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thinking of you today, TD. *hugs*
    chomsky likes this.
  10. chomsky

I did think of you too today TD, and yesterday and the day before, Hugs from me too.
  11. Aura

Aura Active Member

Hugs for TD.

I'm dealing with a bully in college right now, but I'd rather not go into it. My greatest fear is that I'll reach the end of my patience and snap. Snapping will get me in trouble because it'll be out there for everyone to see.
    chomsky likes this.
  12. fascination

my best to you
  13. chomsky

been there a few months ago, and because of my stalker our showcase was never done...I did get stronger after this to tell you the truth...though with me it had to do with dance too and this complicated things a bit. It's all for the better thank god, now that I look at it
  14. cornutt

TD, please check in... how are things going?
  15. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

hi everyone. Things are ok. we got incredible support from family and friends. We had 3 sessions for my dad's wake and the line was out the door for all of them. And the the church was so full for his funeral mass that many had to stand because there were no seats left. The car procession to the cemetery was so long! He touched so many people's lives and it was beautiful to see. I did my best with my eulogy and i hope he liked it. But when all was said and done, everyone else got to go back to their normal lives and my family was left alone with one less person in our home but with everything there to remind us he was gone.

i've been worried about my mom - i wish i could help her in some way but i know there is nothing i can do to ease her grief. she cries every day. she and my dad owned a business together so even work doesnt provide her with a distraction because she is forced to look at his desk with all his papers and his handwriting. they literally did everything together and i cant imagine one without the other.

myself - i have good days and bad days. i'll go a few days feeling ok despite missing him, and then i'll just get a bad day where i will fall apart the whole day. But i try to keep it together in front of my mom.
    samina likes this.
  16. fascination

is is going to take a long while....she has loved him for a very long time so it will be longer than a few months....and good and bad days will come and go for a long time as well...always good not to view that as back sliding, because it isn't
  17. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Hugs TD. It is going to take time.
    chomsky likes this.
  18. chomsky

TD you are in my thoughts. Just hang in there; it's so hard; there's nothing more we can do than love one another and sometimes just share our grief. You have your mother and she has you, sweetie.
  19. cornutt

A young man who is a friend of several of the young people at the studio is missing. He has not been seen since he left to attend a church event Saturday evening.
  20. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Any word?