Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Not yet. Thanks for asking.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry to hear that. :(

3. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Oh dear, Cornutt, we will certainly keep him in our thoughts.

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

ditto.

5. cornutt

Miraculously, he has been found alive... He drove his truck off the road and into a hidden ravine Saturday night. He laid in the truck until this morning, with no food or water. This morning, with a broken leg and broken shoulder, he somehow managed to climb out of the ravine and back up to the road, and flag down a car. He's in the hospital now.

6. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a blessing and a miracle!!! Hope he recovers quickly.

7. pygmalion

Exactly. I am so glad. :)

8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Just found out that DP's GF's new dance partner committed suicide a few days ago. So incredibly sad, for her, for him, and for the dance partnership they were starting. It was going so well.

:(

9. pygmalion

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry to hear that. :(

10. cornutt

Wow. I am lacking the words. In these cases, it seems like we never know what's going on with them until it is too late. I wish there was a better way.

Stay involved in the lives of your loves ones. Make sure they understand that you are there for them.

chomsky likes this.
  11. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Last week, a girl was raped at my former high school in an empty classroom, and as if that wasn't scary enough, last night, a grad student at my university shot his two roommates, killing one, and wounding the other before committing suicide. The student he killed was friends with a lot of my friends and I'd met him a couple times, nice guy.

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

very sorry to hear this

13. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

I miss my grandmother. It's really hard to believe it's been a year.

My mom had her diagnosis of lymphoma a year ago this month. May will mark a year of remission :)

chomsky likes this.
  14. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Will be two years tomorrow the passing of my dad - i miss him lots too.

It still only seems like yesterday.... going out with my mum and sister tomorrow to see my dad's grave then we'll be having lunch together. My sister is feeling really down recently so hopefully our day together will lift her spirits somewhat.

I'm really sorry to read the comments though from the past few months (just catching up). Big hugs to everyone out there.

chomsky likes this.
  15. pygmalion

Wow, FD! It doesn't seem like two years! You, your Mom and your sister, are in my thoughts as you get through this milestone together. *hugs*

chomsky likes this.
  16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

best to you FD...

17. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Thank you :) I remember posting on this thread a couple of days after, I really don't know where the time goes.

Thanks too fascination :)

18. pygmalion

I remember it too, FD. I remember the long run-up and so many things that would make me cry just to say them. I remember when it happened. It just doesn't seem like two years ago.

Please hug your Mum extra hard for me.

19. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

much love and prayers, FD!

chomsky likes this.
  20. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

and to you too TD! My sister is okay, well... more than OK! It's top secret at the moment so can't say anything :)

chomsky likes this.