Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Hearing some crazy stuff from over the pond. Stay safe everyone...Boston, Texas...just stay safe :). Thinking of all of you and hoping this doesn't get any bigger.

Spitfire likes this.
  2. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I'm in the Northeast, and these events definitely stir up disturbing emotions similar to 9/11. Not feeling safe is horrible :(

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Thank you, Lioness. We appreciate it. As I write this, it appears that the police have surrounded the second suspect from the Boston Marathon bombing. Hearing a lot of conflicting reports, but apparently he's making it very difficult to take him alive. But hopefully the whole ordeal is about over.

4. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Local news reports that he is alive and in custody.

5. DL

DL Well-Known Member

lighter note:

I thought you were Down Under? You know, when we say "the pond", we mean *the other* ocean. :p

PS

Yes, I know there are more than two oceans.

Lioness likes this.
  6. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Just got back from Boston to the news that my grandpa had passed this morning. :(

7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

soo sorry to hear that:(

8. cornutt

Wow. You have my condolences. We had a studio showcase last Saturday. The evening before, one of the ladies who was dancing in it found out that a close relative had committed suicide.

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

mindputtee...I am so sorry

10. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Our community has been completely devastated by this tornado. My niece was at work and was in the absolute center of this tornado. She was missing for a while but I got a txt that said "I'm ok". I have never felt such relief! No other details. I txt'd back not knowing if anything was getting through. The phones were down and sporadically at best. I asked if she was trapped. She txt'd me back several minutes later saying they dug them out. I heard from other family that she is injured. I don't know how badly, but at least she was alive and well enough to let us know she is ok. Have not heard from her. Can't get to her as everything is shut down in and out of the area.

The good news, her 19 month old daughter's daycare was missed by a few blocks. So she is well and with family. But I know my niece is crazy with worry for her daughter. I've sent txts trying to update her but I don't know if they are getting f through. I don't know if my niece needs medical attention, etc. I'm just hoping if she does, others that are in a position to help her will do so.

The news just reported that one of the elementary schools was hit hard. They were hoping for the best at first but unfortunately, they are estimating 24 little ones did not survive. It is a massive war zone here. Please pray for the people of Oklahoma.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  11. raindance

raindance Active Member

Saw some of this on the news tonight, it is unreal. Your whole area is in our thoughts. Glad that you are OK and able to post, hope all of your friends and family are going to be OK.

12. cornutt

I was just reading some of the news stories. Incredible devastation. We will definitely keep you in our thoughts.

13. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Wannabee, I immediately wondered about you and yours, completely grateful you posted to the boards. There is a verified report that 37 children were rescued from an elementary school...a-ok. More press briefings will be held, count on it, they've been asked to not release unverified information, but in disaster mode, you will more than likely know more before the news puts it out. PM me if you can, if you have any questions I might be able to answer.

14. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I finally made it to my niece!! I hugged her for a long time and cried with her, thanked God that she was alive. She showed me a picture that she took with her phone of the place where her and 4 coworkers were pulled out of. It was literally a tiny hole underneath a massive pile of debris, no bigger than to shelter 5 bent-over huddled bodies. She said she didn't even have room to turn her head. They yelled for help and their voices led the rescuers to them.

Absolutely insane but I'm so thankful her life was spared. After she calmed down, we went to the ER. I wrestled her 19 month old and sat with her while they stitched her up and cleaned her wounds. We got some food and then stopped by a Target and she grabbed a few things for her and the baby. She had no purse, credit cards driver's license or cash. But thankfully, her home was spared and she will sleep in her own bed tonight. We're all emotionally spent but going to bed grateful that she is ok and praying for those who were not as fortunate.

singndance and samina like this.
  15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am so very sorry

16. Mr 4 styles

ditto my prayers go out to you and yours

17. cornutt

Damm. I'm glad your niece and her girl made it out.

18. Aura

Aura Active Member

If anybody here prays, I have a request. I just received news that a dear friend of the family is in the hospital with ovarian cancer. She's married with two daughters. The eldest has only been out of college for a couple of years, and the youngest just graduated high school. Mom and Dad are going out of town to support the family tomorrow or Saturday, and I plan on going as well. I grew up with her family, and often played with her two children at her house and vice versa. I'm worried sick for the family... :(

19. Mr 4 styles

done.......

20. Aura

Aura Active Member

Just an update: She went into surgery to remove the malignant mass, but the doctors ended up doing a hysterectomy. She's in a very fragile state right now, and the eldest daughter has asked for Mom's support, so she'll be travelling out-of-state to be with her friend. I think Dad may be going, too, and they plan to take my sister because she has special needs. However, because of the friend's fragile state, they want me to stay home so as not to overwhelm her. It may be in our friend's best interest. Rest assured that I'll be praying hard from where I am.