Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Will be praying.....

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Aura, best wishes to your friend. A couple we are friends with had a daughter who died of that. She was only 26.

4. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Having been there,done that, you may try Skype or "Facetime" via an IPhone, but give her at least a week or two and check with the family when she may be up to even a phone chat...send a snail mail card with a personal note-this is always a good thing, something funny, light, believe me, she will appreciate it. Hugs.

5. Aura

Aura Active Member

Thanks for the support and advice everyone. Can you give me some tips for a e-card or other things of that nature? As for the friend, she's currently decided to tell our family that we might as well show up for her funeral. I can't tolerate that kind of talk! The cancer itself was caught early. That improves things greatly. If that wasn't enough for this family, her youngest daughter is living with her boyfriend. Now, she is a legal adult, so nothing illegal is going on. So I'll just say that as someone who grew up with her, this worries me just as much as the cancer.

6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Today has not been a good day. My grandmother has been having trouble with one of her legs. They believed it was drop foot for a long time, and she has been wheal chair bound with 24/7 care for the past few months. Well we hear this past weekend she might have Lou Gehrig's disease. Then today I call my mom who is currently with my grandmother on the eastern shore, and she tells me my grandmother is deteriorating fast and to prepare for the worst... Mom's arranging hospice care today. Things aren't looking good.

7. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

im sorry to hear that stash that is a terrible disease:(

8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry stash. It is so hard when people close to us are in poor health. My thoughts are with you.

9. fascination

10. cornutt

I'm terribly sorry, Stash. ALS is a horrible disease.

11. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I took the rest of last week off to go visit and help mom around the house with medical stuff. I plan to go down as much as I can, and maybe have my boss put in a telework agreement in, even though I'm a student, so that I can work and be at grandma's at the same time.

12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Prayers and good thoughts are appreciated...my Dad's got a cold with coughing he just can't seem to shake (the horrific allergies everyone has around here right now is not helping, I'm sure--people who don't even normally get watery eyes, choking cough, and nasal congestion are hacking up lungs around here and those of us WITH pollen/mold allergies are miserable.) Mom's got to take him to the doctor again. I am too far away to do much of anything plus leave for Windy City in about an hour to boot. I wish he'd just get over this so Mom and I could stop worrying and he could stop coughing and get a decent night's sleep. I feel like a bad daughter, but especially with unexpected new laptop expenses piled on comp expenses (the old one died yesterday before I could even print my train tickets and hotel stuff. Great. Just great.) But I'll have to leave ungodly early tomorrow from the comp just to get back to work until 2am. I won't get up there until my "weekend" next Wednesday.

13. cornutt

DOI, you got it. I hope they can do something for him before it turns into pneumonia.

14. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

*sigh* The dearest man who ever lived, my uncle, passed a few days ago. He was the kind of person who would do anything for you, and give you anything you needed, even if he didn't really have it to give. He never expressed anger or bitterness, even though he'd suffered more grief in his life than anyone should. (He lost his wife to cancer, his oldest son to suicide, his middle daughter to sclera derma, and his youngest son to schizophrenia.)

He and I had a very strong bond, and when he hugged me, I never felt more loved. He was planning a trip to come and see Mom and me, but didn't make it. I'd give pretty much anything to see him just one more time, and tell him how much I love him.

15. fascination

I am so sorry...hug

dancelvr likes this.
  16. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Just think he is now united with his loved ones. My God, how many losses he had, poor thing.

17. bboyeddy

bboyeddy New Member

thats really hard

18. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Just returned home from my uncle's memorial service. Here's a lesson I learned, at some cost. If you love someone, TELL THEM THEY ARE LOVED, while you still can. (yeah....bad grammar...I know) You never know when the opportunity to say the words 'I love you' will slip through your fingers...forever. Can you say...regret? Crap. :(

chomsky likes this.
  19. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

FIL died just after midnight this morning after a battle with lung cancer (a non-smoker, by the way.) Coincidentally, today is DH and my 20th wedding anniversary. And is, of course, the 12th anniversary of 9/11. I guess Sep 11th is just a day meant for mixed feelings for my family.

20. fascination

sorry to hear it...