Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Hoping only the best for you and yours, Flash...

2. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

sorry to hear FD! :( i hope the short while your dad has been using te treatment has done some good for him!

3. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

In the course of 6 weeks, Spouse went from "I'm fine" to having an internist, a urologist, a gastroeneterologist, and three, count 'em, three cardiologists. He went from being "healthy" to being anemic to having ulcers to maybe, maybe needing one stent, to suddenly, today, being scheduled for a triple bypass.

And this is only the beginning.

TDNWMH.

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Sorry to hear that, JA!

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

JA...hug...and a bunch of other stuff I will keep to myself until an appropriate time...but...hug

6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

*hugs*

7. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Adding him to my prayer list. Let us know his first name (either here or PM) if you wish.

8. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Thanks, again, TinyDancer, for creating this thread. Obviously, it provides an excellent support group for so many people... *hugz*

9. TinyDancer109

so very sorry to hear j_a. please do keep us updated. *hugs*

10. TinyDancer109

thanks Ray... i hope so.

11. j_alexandra

Neil. And thank you.

12. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

I'm thinking hopeful thoughts for all of you ...

13. TinyDancer109

Thanks Zhena.

Diamond's (my kitty) blood test came back today... low white blood cell count and more anemic than before. Doc says he may be feeling a small second mass but he is not sure. Ultrasound Monday to see.

I really hope she stablizes. I adore her.

14. j_alexandra

The three bypasses became four. But there is no damage to the heart.

15. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... no damage? That sounds encouraging. I hope all continues well.

16. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

Good luck.

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Wow, j_a. Not sure what to say, except that I pray all continues to go as well as possible. Hugs to you and your DH. Hang in.

18. TinyDancer109

*hugs* j_a!! please keep us updated!

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

JA, that is good news...

20. TinyDancer109

Daddy is the same. his wound is still healing, and provided it heals in time, he will begin his chemo treatment the first week of january. hes optimistic... maybe delusionally so. he's convinced he will beat this thing and go back to living his normal life. he's also convinced he knows better than the docs as far as what's good for him (nutrition, calorie intake, etc.) he is losing weight quickly and i had to practically force ice cream (his favorite food, mind you) down his throat in order to get him some calories to improve the healing, which is what the docs suggested (not the ice cream, the calories). my dad is convinced that the fact that he is thinner is healthier and that he was overweight before but now he is in on the right path. he no longer wants to eat anything with sugar (he thinks it feeds the cancer), any red meat (only wants fish) and he is obsessed with his life extension vitamins and supplements. and he listens to the life extension foundation doctors, but not his own oncologist. *sigh*

Diamond had an ultrasound yesterday. She has more than one tumor and the cancer is all over her intestines... so surgery is not an option because it would be impossible to remove that much of her intestines. Doc also says her white blood cell count is low... which means the antibiotics are not working anymore. and we can't continue her chemo treatment until the white blood cell count is up.

I took her to bed with me last night and cried myself to sleep. not much more i can do for her but pray she will pull through the low white blood cell count and her cancer will hold steady. and through it all she is still purring all the time...