Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Nurdrms, you have my condolences.
  3. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Thanks, everybody. He was a very good man and I'll miss him.
  4. latervet1

latervet1 Member

Love that noone has felt the need to post on this thread for almost 2 weeks now :)
    chomsky, dancelvr and stash like this.
  5. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I had an ADHD question I wanted to post for someone, but deleted it because it felt awkward and presumptuous to do so. Googling for some ideas instead.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  6. dancelvr

My best, and oldest, friend in the world just told me her husband has been diagnosed with Leukemia. And, this during the same week as she had an unsuccessful eye operation for her glaucoma. *sigh* I'll be contacting my doctor tomorrow to ask about getting on the bone marrow donation registry. It the very least I can do......
  7. Dupont

Dupont Member

This does not seem to be life's hard moments. (Hasn't somebody stepped on your toe?)
  8. Hedwaite

There wasn't a delete button, but thanks for bringing it back up and pointing it out all over again after almost a month.
    I'm pretty sure people who really have complications from ADHD might beg to differ with your assessment thereof. (They have now...)
    stash likes this.
  9. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

SWEETHEARTS...
  10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

dancelvr...so sorry to hear this
  11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that.
  12. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that dancelvr, wish and hope the best...

Btw, I was just in your neck of the woods the past week.
  13. dancelvr

Thanks everyone. Friend's hubby is optimistic, and just wants to get his treatment going. There is no cure for his type of leukemia, but there are good chances for long periods of remission between chemo treatments. And, the family has a wonderful support system. Hoping for the best.
    chomsky likes this.
  14. dancelvr

Were you, now? :)
    chomsky likes this.
  15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Have to call and follow up a job application tomorrow and I'm scared. What do you say. I haven't even had an interview yet I'm literally just following up a resume and cover letter.
  16. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Um. Sorry. Not the right thread. Silly phone :-(
  17. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I say you go for it, what the heck! What's the worst thing that can happen? I don't know where the right thread is, sorry for hi-jacking
  18. Hedwaite

It's always a little sad to watch someone who's just had the rose-tinted glasses about their pro/their dancing ripped off. I hate to see it, but I can't say I didn't see it coming, and in some situations, I'm a little glad to see it smart, if they were very arrogant about all of it before hand. Sometimes, it's a lot like being very blindly in love with someone who's very wrong for you- everyone else can see it, and know that when you fall out, it's going to be really hard and ugly, so everyone's just kind of tiptoeing around the obvious and bracing for it. Most will forgive you for being such a swaggery, arrogant jerk, but one or two (understandably) have to get in at least one 'I told you so' before helping you rebuild.
  19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sigh...yep....that's always hard...I worshipped my first pro....he didn't ask for it, but I did it...and I thought my accomplishments with him were significant because they were better than he had expected, or in some cases, had achieved with others....but you know what?...I am really glad I had those tiny windows of thinking I was good/which some people proably assigned a label of arrogance to(because people make assumptions like that)...but I am grateful for those foolish misconceptions because they disappear soon enough for all of us....the great thing about mistakes like that is that you get a chance not to repeat them....I am very grateful that I was able to walk into my second scenario knowing precisely what I was signing up for in terms of who my pro was and who he wasn't...and if there was one thing my current pro would never tolerate, it is a student thinking they are any good....while there are times when I find that frustrating, I am also glad for it because it saves me the disillusionment that you describe...I have a friend who has only competed locally who is contemplating doing a larger comp....I don't want to be around for that
  20. Hedwaite

I hate having to sit back and let them take that tumble so that they learn something from it. Letting them walk into something ready-made good, maybe they'd have taken it for granted/not appreciated or even understood it. Now, they have a comparison. The question, though, is soon coming of "Why didn't we learn anything there?" and there's no nice way to say "Well, you were held back, lied to, and manipulated"- in this scenario in my brain, of course. Not looking forward to that.