Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sometimes the most compassionate thing to do is to let people come to the conclusion that THEY need to come to...because if they aren't ready for your answer, well, they won't believe you...sigh...I don't envy you that...
    cornutt likes this.
  2. fascination

in the past 17 days I have had a friend leave her spouse, two friends lose their spouses and learned that a young acquaintance in our local dance scene has passed....I am fine....but I feel badly for those involved...I also find some of the behavior of those surrounding all of it to be fairly intriguing...I can can say this; when I pass I don't want anyone but the people who truly know they mean something to me to say a single public thing about me, even if it's good
    Purr and stash like this.
  3. fascination

sheesh...and next door neighbor went to the hospital last night...we were on our way home from one visitation and arrive home to a driveway full of ambulances
  4. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Oy....what IS it with the universe lately?

My Mom flew down south to care for her sister, who was recouping from colon cancer surgery. She told my mom that everything went well, and they caught it 'early'. When mom gets down there, she hears the truth....that the cancer is at stage 4, and has metastasized to her liver.

My mother and her sister are as close as two people can be. They are each other's best friends. My heart breaks for my aunt, but I'm even more worried about my mom. *sigh* Losing her sister like that would kill her.
  5. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear that dancelvr
  6. fascination

7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Sending hugs your way!
  8. dancelvr

Thanks, everyone. Here's hoping chemo gives her a few more years with decent quality of life, and my mom a few more years to spend with her sister. *fingers crossed*
  9. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

My Dad passed yesterday. I still can't really believe it. But I don't want to see the body. Probably won't have to. Big sigh.
  10. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

11. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

So sorry chachachacat….
  12. sbrnsmith

13. dancelvr

14. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

And dancelvr, so sorry about your aunt….
    dancelvr likes this.
  15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Wow, Cat. You have my sympathies.
  16. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Thinking of my best friend today, who had to euthanize one of her horses. One of the hardest things a horseperson has to do is make the call on the life of a horse. Sometimes, it's so ambiguous- you're scared to finalize something that you know shouldn't be in your hands to start with, because you can't undo it, but then, other times, it's very shockingly clear. Sometimes, one segues into the other, and it's exponentially more traumatizing. Thinking of my friend during this horrible time. She had to get it off her chest, so of course she talked it out with me, so now we both share some pretty vivid imagery, but she has it worse because she was right there until the end and in the aftermath. It's been a hard couple years for her anyway, and you always hope there's a little light around the end of the year so you don't put it to bed in a bad way, and can start new even better, and this definitely did not help that out. Such a misfortune. At least her mare is at peace, and didn't have to suffer long, but I'm still sick over the whole thing, and I can't imagine how my friend is coping with this. It's worse because we live at least three hours from one another, and I can't help other than a "there-there" of sorts over the phone or internet.
  17. sbrnsmith

That's so sad. So sorry
  18. dancelvr

So sorry for your friend. :(
  19. Sania

Sania Active Member

I'm so sorry - I had to euthanize one of my cats earlier this year and I agree that it's terribly hard to make those kind of decisions when it's your own pet.
  20. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Hedwaite, you're a good friend.
    Sania likes this.