Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

You did get to have some time with her, didn't you? That's the most important thing, my dear.
  2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I did get to visit her. I know it is. It just hurts now. I've gotten 2 calls in the past 2 days that she may pass anytime now, and it's really wearing on me. Every time my phone so much beeps my heart starts racing... I just going insane right now :/
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

stash, I know it feels like an emergency, but it may actually be really peaceful...maybe if you begin to think about ways to honor her legacy you will feel less helpless...hug
  4. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thanks fasc. I will try that. hugs.
  5. fascination

sitting vigil is very hard...but if you use the time to reflect on who she is and how you might carry her strongest qualities and memory into the future, it can be a wonderful act of love and service...it doesn't eliminate all of the pain and loss, but it sweetens the brew a tiny bit....xoxoxox
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

She passed away early this morning. I am sad that I have lost her, but I am glad she is no longer suffering from ALS. Service is next Friday. This will be a long week.
  7. fascination

peace to you all
  8. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

So sorry for your loss
  9. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

My thoughts are with you and your family
  10. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

So sorry, stash.
  11. chomsky

No words stash.
  12. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thank you all. Back from the funeral. Was hard. She won't be buried for 3-5 months because arlington cemetery is backed up. :/
  13. Sania

Sania Active Member

So sorry on all counts!
  14. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

One of our students has a brain tumor. For awhile, they'd wondered what was wrong with vertigo, then they noticed speech/thought and other things "slightly off". This makes me so sick and sad, and although I know "it's not the end", the process to get back on track is no cake-walk, either.

Again with the "it's always the nicest people who have the worst things happening to them", too.
    coanamilove likes this.
  15. raindance

raindance Active Member

Sorry to hear that. A friend of mine had a brain tumor removed years ago and recovered completely. Hoping your student has the same sort of outcome.
    chomsky likes this.
  16. chomsky

oh raindance it was nice that you shared that. there's hope out there!!!
  17. chomsky

cancer is not unbeatable. it doesn't mean death. it's an illness. we are terrorized by it but illness is part of life, we are no robots, no machines, no superhumans.and I am talking out of personal experience, don't get me wrong.
  18. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

I've just read the saddest blog from a mom with twin four-year old boys. A month ago, one of the boys was diagnosed with an extremely aggressive brain tumor. It responded to all treatment by tripling in size in very short period of time. It's inoperable, and the doctors have no further treatment……yet mom continues to have such faith in God….it is just heart-wrenching….
  19. fascination

20. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

A friend's stepfather was killed in an industrial accident yesterday. :(
    coanamilove likes this.