Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, cornutt. :-(
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sorry to hear this
  3. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

People may call this "first world problems" but then I hate not having standard knowledge.

Somebody may say "what is that?!" but then why can't I get the same knowledge everybody was given by default? To limit me? Because "God" or "fate" says so? I don't believe in either. "Society" says so? So what? Many people don't do what "society" says...

I think the real reason is that people want to keep me down, and somehow "get offended" by me doing what I want. If they want to go to a mental institution, that's others' business. I don't see why I must be unhappy because I'm denied basic knowledge, and can't do what I please when I please....
  4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're getting at... would you like to elaborate a bit?
  5. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

Ok, so you're threatened?

hahaha!!! Why do you care who knows "first" that morals are subjective? why not live your own life?
  6. fascination

no one has any clue what you are talking about
    danceronice likes this.
  7. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

OK, so I can't get knowledge all others have? Why? I do as I please in life as there are no rules.
  8. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Uhm, knowledge about what?
  9. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

the normal standard of life knowledge that most in Western culture. Does it phase people if I possess it?
  10. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

Idea?

OK, so why must it bother you so much what I get or do?
  11. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

And pardon me, but who are you to be so dismissive of my view? I thought this was supposed to be a supportive thread lol..

So I cannot complain about an issue which affects me, and based on your strange reading of human interaction I cannot say what's on my mind? If this issue affects me in conducting my life, I cannot voice it? If you don't care, then don't, simple. I don't get why that's an absolute label, but still perhaps you need to get checked for some autistic disorder or something..

If I can get knowledge that the many have, even if this "offends the many", so what? I'm simply doing what I want, it's a free world..
  12. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

People were trying to help and you laughed at them. We just don't understand what you are trying to say. It is hard to be supportive when it is unclear what you need support in. Can you give us an example of what would be classified as this knowledge you feel you lack?
  13. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

meh, I don't believe that. If you "want to help" then learn basic English not "duuh, uuuhh, what knowledge"?
  14. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

15. Siggav

Siggav Moderator Staff Member

I don't think anyone is bothered, we are just confused because it's hard to understand what you're saying. We only have your words to go on so you were asked to expand on what you'd originally written so that we could maybe try to understand what was bothering you.

I assume the "standard knowledge" you mention is life skills such as social skills and picking up on unspoken cues and stuff like that, and being able to communicate effectively with people, yes? or do you mean things like knowing how to drive, use phones and computers, open doors and buy shoes? "standard knowledge" can mean SO many things so when you don't explain it at all it's very hard to know what you mean. It's obvious to you but not to us.

If you're having problems like that it's probably not that anyone is witholding it from you, and people don't really get given anything by default. It's a set of rules and a bank of knowledge that people slowly absorb as they grow up, sometimes people have slightly differently wired brains and the learning process doesn't quite work the same way for everyone.

When someone doesn't behave according to the unwritten rules it can upset and offend people, sometimes the rules are there for very good reasons, not to keep anyone down but instead to make it possible for many people to live and work together, cooperate and grow. Sometimes the rules are more open to being bent and they can change over time as well.

However wanting to discard all that and just do what you want without recognizing that a lot of the rules are there for a reason and that not offending or upsetting people is a reason in itself will probably not make you many friends, humans are emotional creatures on top of everything else and that needs to be taken into account.

To reiterate, I'm not bothered and I don't particularly care, this is a longer post than I intended to write but now that I've typed it out I might as well hit post, so here it is.
  16. fascination

doesn't bother me...but I assume that since you are posting to a public forum, you are seeking support or interest...which isn't possible if you can't be undserstood...getting your underwear in a twist over those inquiries really helps no one...unless of course you have no real interest in having positive interactions with others...
  17. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I'm still worried about my yellow-tailed brat. Going to start him on Old Pony supplements and see if he'll eat it, or turn his nose up. If he's not better by fall, I'm not letting him go into another winter of shivery suffering, and I dread making that call/walk.
  18. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

er.. you were rude to me, so yes, positive interactions..
  19. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

I know what rules are. But then yes, get offended, I don't have to care either.

And standard knowledge is the standard morals and values, but never mind...
  20. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Nobody was rude to you.

On the other hand, have you actually read the posts in this thread? People talk here about illnesses and deaths of friends and loved ones. You mentioned that this is a supportive thread, and you're right. I have a gentle question for you: Has your participation here been supportive of anyone?

It is especially important on this thread, IMO, to speak in a tone that is respectful of others. I don't know what's going on in your life, and I neither understand nor offer an opinion on what you have posted here. However I think you would have more success if you were to adjust how you say what you have to say.

I also respectfully suggest that a detailed discussion of such adjustments would be off-topic for this thread.
    fascination, nikkitta and Siggav like this.