Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Oh man, that is rough. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and him.

2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

No bother... we're just having trouble parsing your words. Something is obviously bothering you, and we'd be happy to advise, but first we need to get an idea of what the problem is. By "standard knowledge" are you talking about rules of behavior -- etiquette? Or more along the lines of persuasiveness, social skills?

3. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

I know the rules of behaviour. I just want what all others were given/developed as it holds me back.

4. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

er.. yes, Siggav and fascination were, but then I don't care if they choose to behave like this it's a free world (but then I'm free to call them out given that reality).

It's just that my full issue is thus:

- I don't get to hang out with as many people as I'd like, because I have good social understanding, but I don't get the normal/standard norms that the many get.

- it sounds trivial, but then it worries me everyday and stops me living as I want/choose.

- As an example, it gets me that I don't know (until recently) simple stuff like morality is subjective, happiness is a choice, and God and religion are separate. As said, it stops me from getting on and I hate it.

This is very trivial compared to others' worries here, and I guess I should be grateful, but then this worries me everyday to the point I feel trapped and denied freedom and I even cry (as a man) when nobody is around since I believe people are purposefully keeping me down.

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am really sick and tired of your accusations...you have made them at least twice...you need to drop it...you can feel that people were rude...honestly I don't care.... and I will leave those comments standing...but if you keep it up I will begin to delete them...so knock it off

6. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

Again with the "it's always the nicest people who have the worst things happening to them", too.[/quote]
    Wow, sorry to hear that :(

7. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

My mother died passed away very unexpectedly last Friday. Dad is grief-stricken, as are my brother, sister, and I. I led the eulogy on Sunday and spoke at the interment on Monday. Trying to figure out household accounts, bills, etc. for Dad before we all have to head back home this weekend. I keep expecting Mom to walk in the door, carrying a bag of groceries. Life truly is hard right now.

8. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Praying for you and your family, NURDRMS. May you all summon the strength to get through this.

RiseNFall and raindance like this.
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Wow. You have had a tough time these last few months. My sympathies.

10. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry

11. fascination

my deepest sympathy and empathy....if you ever need to talk please pm me

12. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this. My best to you and your family, NURDRMS.

13. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs and prayers being sent your way.

14. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

15. coanamilove

coanamilove Member

I expect flames, and it's a free world of course, but then I still feel down for not having knowledge.

This is a minor issue compared to others' here, granted. But practically everyday it gets me down and angry, since i feel i have been cheated, and everybody else has got what they want. And there seems to be no resolution, since whilst there are others who have it worse, but they know how to proceed and I do not. I should be grateful that somebody with cancer knows if there is or isn't a good prognosis, but then for me, it's a burden.

16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

My deepest sympathies and condolences to you and your family NURDRMS.

(I don't frequent this thread very often, but just happened to see this post -- certainly the same sentiments go to any and all facing similarly trying times)

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss.

18. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Today would have been my Grandmother's 86th birthday. It's been a bit of a rough day because of that. I miss her dearly

19. fascination

20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thanks Fasc.