Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Aura

Aura Active Member

I think waiting is one of the hardest aspects of life. It could be anything. That feeling of running an emotional marathon while still trying to not let life get you down.

My life is a blessed one, but waiting for love has always been hard, particularly right now. I've been doing my best to put myself out there while still trying to maintain a balance. But, it sometimes feel as if love will never find me...
  2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

It will when you least expect it. It did for me. Hugs!
  3. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

My kitty has been suffering from bouts of kidney failure. He did great at the vet hospital, and seemed much improved when I brought him home. But, now.....I'm tasked with giving him sub-Q fluids three times a week (BIG needle and IV bag of fluids) and it doesn't seem to be helping. (He's had three treatments in two days because his condition is getting worse.) He's stopped eating, and is so lethargic. *sigh* I think a call to the vet on Monday is in order. :(
  4. Sania

Sania Active Member

I am so sorry!!!
  5. dancelvr

Kitty passed away in his sleep at the vet hospital Wed night. I will miss him terribly, and I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to say goodbye. However, I'm glad it was a peaceful passing. I will collect his cremated remains in the morning. He was always happiest in the house with me, so I'm giving him that. Anything else would almost be a betrayal. I know he was "just a cat", but he gave me his trust and friendship for 7 years. And, this was a cat who lived wild on my property when I bought it, and was terrified of people. I feel grateful that he found me worthy of his trust, and delighted me with his companionship. RIP Mr. Stash. I will always be grateful you shared your life with me.
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs.
    dancelvr likes this.
  7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss.:sorry:
    dancelvr likes this.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

that is a lovely tribute...hug to you
    dancelvr likes this.
  9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. I have two now and I'm dreading the day when one of them passes. Major hugs.
    dancelvr likes this.
  10. Sania

Sania Active Member

There is something so touching about an animal giving you their trust, especially when they start out wild. I am sorry for your loss.
    FancyFeet and dancelvr like this.
  11. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Aww:( I hate to hear that. There's no such thing as "just" a friend, doesn't matter how many legs they have.
    dancelvr likes this.
  12. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Active Member

So sorry for your loss.
    dancelvr likes this.
  13. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I feel like I've been posting here a lot lately :/ My cat just got diagnosed with FIV :( So far blood work i ok, other than that. Let's just hope it stays that way for a long time.
  14. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Best wishes to your kitty cat, stash. Mine was FeLV positive for most of her life (not the same thing, but similar), and lived healthy to age 16. Here's hoping yours does at least as well!
    stash likes this.
  15. dancelvr

A friend's son has a cat who is FeLV positive, and has lived a healthy life for years. Here's hoping the same for your kitty.
    stash likes this.
  16. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

People all deal with things that bother them differently, and at least you're not drowning it in booze or denial. Your kitties are an important part of your life, and you're not alone in that respect. It's just a good thing that you're caring for them and doing all you can to assure them comfort and safety. I see so many people with animals who don't deserve them because they're neglectful, vain jerks who treat pets like fashion accessories or the latest toy for their kids. I hate to see people who love their pets and treat them well having to worry or lose them. Some of those friendships were so hard-won that it doesn't seem fair for the universe to jeopardize them the way it happens sometimes. :-S
    dancelvr likes this.
  17. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thank you guys for all the support. I hope he does live many years more.
    Purr likes this.
  18. dancelvr

A good friend's oldest son is in the hospital tonight, waiting on his double (kidney/pancreas) transplant. He's 26 years old. They got the call yesterday, and the surgery should begin in the morning. This kid has been a diabetic since age six, and his health has deteriorated steadily in the last 12 months. Here's hoping for a good outcome, and that all he is going through will help to improve and extend his life. My heart aches for his parents.
  19. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Had a long, unplanned conversation with my boss last night. I have been struggling to place some of the feedback I've been getting from said new-ish boss, as I don't really recognize the person being described. Finally admitting that I'm not just a bit tired, but may be perilously close to burn-out after a rough couple of years career-wise. Thinking about taking an extended period off to recharge, rethink and find the person I seem to have lost.

Rough night following those big revelations. Still feeling a little fragile this morning.
  20. Loki

Loki Active Member

Have to put my Lab down soon. Hard to push the botton...