Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences Fasc.
  3. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Taking the family FIV cat to the vet tomorrow. I don't have high hopes that he will make it back. He looks so sick when I went over to my parents house to get him back inside. It has been a rough night.
  4. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

So sad to hear that. Darn little things become such a part of our lives, yeah? Feeling for ya.
    stash likes this.
  5. dancelvr

I'm so sorry. Here's hoping the vet can offer some treatment. *hugs*
    stash likes this.
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thank you guys. Vet appointment at 1:20pm. I am hoping that there is something they can do, but I am preparing for the worse. :(

He's only 9 which really hurts because I know he could have had so many more years a head of him, if we could have kept him indoors. But that is nearly impossible.
  7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thank goodness, he came out ok. The vet gave him an antibiotic shot, and frontline for the flees he has. Instead of hiding behind the couch all day, my parents said he came out and laid downstairs with them on a different couch. So small improvements! Here's to hoping he eats/drinks something soon.
  8. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I wrote that post too soon. Mom took the cat in to the emergancy pet hospital tonight. He passed away a few hours ago. He had 2 virus, a cold and one that was deteriorating his lungs. Rest in peace Buckwheat. I will miss you.
  9. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. I have a dog and I live in fear of that day.... They are not just pets, but part of our families
    stash likes this.
  10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

:( hugs...
    stash likes this.
  11. Sania

Sania Active Member

I am so sorry!!!!!
    stash likes this.
  12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Aw stash, I am so sorry.
    stash likes this.
  13. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thank you for all of your kind words.
  14. dancelvr

I'm so sorry to hear this, stash. :(
  15. stash

stash Well-Known Member

It was hard going home today, knowing he wouldn't be there. teared up a few times... ugh this has not been a good year.
  16. Sania

Sania Active Member

Pets are family
    dancelvr likes this.
  17. dancelvr

Pets are.....special. They give truly unconditional love.
    Purr and Sania like this.
  18. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Looks like it's pet week in this thread :-(

We're gonna have to put BF's cat down. He's 16, and hasn't been eating for about a week and a half. He's lost weight and is really lethargic. We took him to the vet yesterday for bloodwork. He's got really high liver levels...best case scenario it's gonna be $1500-$2000 to diagnose and fix. I feel terrible saying we have to put him down because we can't afford to fix a maybe...but the vet has no idea what's wrong and we can't keep just doing tests...it's $600 just for an ultrasound.

I feel like a terrible person because if I had the money I'd gladly spend it, but even if we had it he's an old cat...he'd be sick again within a year. Feeling pretty heartless, though. Poor kitty.
    chomsky likes this.
  19. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

Same problem in my family, not enough money to keep healthy our cat. What else can you do, when there is no money, than let nature take its course. I feel with you Lioness.
  20. dancelvr

So sorry, Lioness. :(