Life is Hard Thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by TinyDancer109, Dec 6, 2010.

1. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Deepest sympathies for your loss, Mindputtee. What a shock.

2. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Urg. Yes. Going back and actually reading the rest of the page, that does certainly put my own troubles into perspective. My sincerest condolences, mindputtee.

3. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Sorry Jude....that has to stink on any level

4. Sania

Sania Active Member

Mindputtee - I'm so sorry!

5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Just got back from Illinois this morning. The wake lasted for 5 hours and we estimate that about 800-1000 people came through. She was very loved in her community. It was really, really nice to see family again (even if for such a sad reason), it has been more than a year since I've seen most of my aunts, uncles, and cousins. It really underscored how difficult it is to live so far away (12 hour drive) and how much we need to commit to getting together more often.

Sania, fascination and FancyFeet like this.
  6. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

I spent an hour or so this afternoon FB chatting with a cousin - at the heads-up of his sister - who has been contacting people to say goodbye... he was born with FAS, and has always struggled, and decided that he hurts too much and is too tired to keep living... this is one of the sons of the uncle who passed away about a month ago. He was responding to me for a while, then went offline... I had no idea what to say or whether I made it worse or better... all I could think was that if he was responding to me, then he was still alive. I just tried to tell him that he matters to me, and that I was here - even offered to send him a train ticket to come see me, asked him to delay a day and talk to someone (and I would foot the bill)... basically anything that I could think of to keep him talking without trying to change his mind, for fear that he would stop talking if I went there.

That was probably the hardest conversation that I have ever had. And honestly, I don't know if I can make it through another loss this soon without falling apart. I hope with everything that I am his reaching out was the start of a cry for help... or that his local police, contacted by his mother, are able to find him in time.

I know that very few of you know me in person, but it would be incredibly appreciated if you could pray for him. I think he needs every bit of love the universe can send his way right now.

7. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I don't have words of wisdom...but so sorry for what you and your family are going thru

FancyFeet likes this.
  8. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. You did all that you could do. I have you and your cousin in my thoughts and prayers.

FancyFeet likes this.
  9. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

FancyFeet, this is an unimaginably horrible situation. I will be adding to the thoughts and prayers for him, and for you and your family.

FancyFeet likes this.
  10. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

FancyFeet - my heart goes out to you and your family.

FancyFeet likes this.
  11. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Thanks all. So far, no news... which in this situation is a good thing.

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hug

FancyFeet likes this.
  13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Wow, FF. I hope you get some good news soon.

FancyFeet likes this.
  14. fascination

sigh....my neighbor lady is 92...about 10 year back her only child diesof a massive heart attack on mothers day and her first husband dies of alzhimers around the same time, and I was there and helped her to navigate both of those losses....she went on to re-marry at 82 an old flame and has spent a wonderful decade with her new spouse...but alas is declining and tonight I spent the evening calling the fire dept and helping to lift her from a fall and various other things and this has been going on for a while...I assume that I am going to be doing this often for quite a while...and it is sad

15. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

f - watching one's age begin to affect their quality of life is always difficult. God bless you for your kindness and compassion!

16. fascination

aw thanks...she is a lovely woman...itis my privilege to be with her

17. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

We lost a coworker last week - at work. 37 years old and in great shape, collapsed while running. Single father with custody of his 1 year old son at the time, and we didn't know where he left his son - and neither did any of his close friends at work. Thankfully, after four hours of searching and some clever phone-breaking, we found him and got him back to his mother, who frantically flew in from the other side of the state. Now we're dealing with the aftermath...rough week. Such a wonderful mentor, professional, and friend.

18. fascination

oh my goodness....how terrible....so, so sorry

19. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.....how awful!

20. stash

stash Well-Known Member

One of my high school teachers was just diagnosed with advanced staged colon cancer. He's very young for this sort of thing to happen, I would say late 30s-early 40s. He will be starting chemo in a few weeks.

I'm just in complete shock right now that this has happened to him.